Chapter Seventeen: Sean?

Jacob's POV

It was Monday morning, also known as my least favorite day of the week. I needed to make sure that none of my cuts will show from the last Kaden encounter. I need to make sure that Michele will never find out about them.

I put on a grey sweater, holes for where my thumbs could go so it helps cover up my scars.

I grabbed my bag, my wallet and my keys because I'm actually early for once and going to head to Starbucks to get breakfast and I'm going to meet Michele there.

-=+=-

"So how was your conversation with Shawn yesterday?" Michele asked, taking a sip out of her mocha frappuccino.

"It was nice I guess, she sounds sweet." I responded taking a bite out of my muffin.

"Are you jealous of her?"

"Of course, she's dating THE Shawn Mendes." I explained and she just stared at me.

"What else?" She questioned.

"That's it," I shrugged, sipping my iced mocha while she continued to stare at me. "Okay fine, I'm jealous of her. The way he described her, just like, she sounds so perfect for him. His eyes shined when he was taking about her. He has a cute smile talking about her and I'm jealous that he's basically whipped." I explained.

"That's what I thought. Now I would like to hear the rest of this story after school, because we have 15 minutes before classes start." Michele said which I responded by nodding. I quickly finished the last bit of my muffin, grabbing my coffee and walked to my car, not prepared for the day ahead of me.

-=+=-

Michele went our separate ways and I walked to my locker. I opened it and once again, a note fell to my feet.

Hello Jacob :) It was nice having our conversation yesterday. I hope it can happen some other time soon.

"Hey Jacob." I heard Michele behind.

"Hi, you scared me." I responded with a smile, crumpling the letter behind my back and dropping it in my locker.

"What's that?" Michele asked trying to see what's behind me and I shook my head.

"Probably nothing." I said, grabbing my stuff quickly before shutting my locker and Michele just shrugged.

The bell rang and I quickly left to go to class, not paying attention. I bumped into someone, dropping my stuff and falling onto the floor.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention and I looked up and saw grayish, green eyes that were so mesmerizing.

"It's fine." The mystery boy said, offering me a hand, which I accepted. "I'm Sean." The mystery boy said, which I laughed to myself and he smiled, "what's so funny."

"Its nothing, your name reminded me of Shawn Mendes." I replied blushing.

"I gotta go to class, but do you want to meet here during lunch?" Sean asked, which I smiled.

"S-sure." I stuttered out, hoping he didn't notice. He smiled and I walked off, but I felt his hand catch my wrist before I could walk far.

"Wait! I didn't catch your name!" Sean said. I turned around and looked at him to see a smile plastered on his face.

"Jacob, Jacob Brentwood."

"Well Jacob, I'll see you at lunch." Sean said, this time he walks too class.

"I stood in the same spot for few moments before realizing I have too head to class and quickly make my way there, feeling my phone vibrate during the sprint.