Chapter Eight: Friendship

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

After hearing Shawn's voice, I decided to act like I didn't hear what he said and "wake up."

I quickly yawned, stretching my arms out of the blanket, rubbing my eyes after my stretching. I opened my eyes to see a guilty face plastered on Shawn's face. After I saw that, I immediately started to feel guilty, knowing that I'm the reason for that.

"Jacob, I'm sorry for what happened. I shouldn't have asked." Shawn apologized, which made me feel even more guilty.

"No, I'm sorry. It was no where near your fault. You didn't know, I overreacted over something you had no idea about. I just screwed everything up, I always screw everyth-"

"Don't finish that sentence. You didn't mess anything up. I'm still Shawn, you're new friend." Shawn interrupted, adding a smile at the end, which made my heart melt.

"M-me? Friend? A-are you sure?" I stuttered out confused, trying not to get my hopes up, but I felt like something was off.

The only reason he is asking me this is probably because I cried in front of him. He probably just feels bad for me.

"Yeah, you seem interesting." Shawn explained.

"Well, i'm the complete opposite of interesting." I said feeling embarrassed.

"Well, in honor of our new friendship, and your little injury, I have backstage passes for the concert tonight and I'm giving  them to you." Shawn said with a bright smile holding out the passes, and I looked at him, my face full of disbelief.

"You're joking right?" I asked looking at the backstage passes, still in total disbelief.

"Not joking, I could see that you in crowds probably wouldn't be the best right now, so you can watch from the sidelines with Michele." He said, putting the tickets in my hands.

"Thank you so much Shawn." I said hugging, which he hugged me back, and I felt this was a dream or my Imagination. "Speaking of Michele, where is she?"

"Oh, she's getting food." Shawn answered pulling away from a hug, which I am somewhat thankful because I would've died because the love of my life was just now hugging me.

"I have to head to sound check Jacob, I'll be back in like 15 minutes!" Shawn said standing from his spot, I gave him a small nod. He smiled and left the room.

I let my eyes wander the room I was in. I looked at the table where a plate of muffins were, probably the noise I heard as Shawn walked in. Speaking of walking in, Michele entered the room with a plate of food as well.

"You will not believe the amount of pizza you can get with a backstage pass. Shawn's a keeper Jacob." Michele said walking over to me, taking a bite of her pizza.

I pulled out my phone to take photos, to forever remember this day. I met Shawn. Shawn. We're 'friends,' and I'm not complaining because I will gladly accept any friend. (A/N: Same tho hmu)

After a few minutes of being on my phone and muffin eating, Michele kept looking around the room for something. Or she's just mental.

"Are you looking for something?" I asked, taking a bite out of a muffin.

"Umm, yeah. I can't find my phone." Michele replied looking under everything and searching every surface of the room.

"Probably left it with pizza." I replied taking out my phone and opening Pokemon Go, I need to get a life.

"You're right! Oh my god be right back." Michele exclaimed, running towards the door and I just laughed at her.

-=+=-
Michele's POV

I went back to the food area in the backstage area looking for my phone and not paying attention to my surroundings, which is why I ran into someone and I fell onto the floor.

"My bad my bad!" A familiar voice said. I looked over and saw Shawn standing up and offering me a hand, which I took and quickly thanked him.

"Michele, can I ask you something, you don't have to answer, it's probably personal which I understand." Shawn asked, lowering his voice.

"Sure, what's up?" I replied.

"What happened about Jacob's dad? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable we just met and all." Shawn asked softly. At least I know he cares about Jacob.

"Shawn, if I knew I would tell you. No one knows except him and his mom. He doesn't want to tell anyone, not even me." I replied honestly.

It's true, he hasn't told a single soul about how his dad actually died. I was a bit hurt at the fact he wouldn't tell me because I am his best friend, but the hurt turned to understanding and I stayed with him through that tough and emotional time.

After awhile of me trying to get him to tell me, I gave up trying because I understood that bringing him up caused him pain and I don't want to resurface any of those bad memories. After his father's death, he fell into a deep whole of depression and anxiety. He self-harmed, and would never want to leave his room, which worried his mother and me.

We were all worried about him that one day, he would end his life because of it, which is the last thing I EVER want to happen.

Maybe we will never find out how his father died, and I will respect that. Hopefully Jacob opens up to Shawn after awhile, he really needs more caring people in his life after all he's been through and I'm grateful of how far he has gotten after his whole dad situation.

"Was it that bad?" Shawn asked, which I responded with a soft nod.

"Sadly. After his death, he never wanted to leave the room. He was in such a bad state of mind that I worried he would never get over it. He still hasn't gotten over it, but he's slowly repairing." I explained to him.

"What was the most he told you about his death?" Shawn asked looking down at me with sad eyes.

"All he told me was that he was in an accident. No background information, just that. I've given up on asking though. He's been through a lot and I don't want to bring it up and have him go through it all over again." I explained.

"Thanks for telling me this Michele, it means a lot." Shawn said, and I could tell he meant it.

"No problem Shawn. Anyways, have you seen my phone?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Is this your phone? I saw it at the food and I was gonna take it to security to have them ask around." Shawn said pulling out a phone, my phone to be exact.

"Yes! It is! Thank you!" I said taking the phone and he just smiled.

"Now let's go get Jacob! I have a show to perform."

-=+=-
Jacob's POV

After eating a muffin and only catching one Pokemon which was in the bathroom, I looked at the time to see when I should leave to watch Shawn perform, but the door opened before I could so.

"Jacob lets go! It's time for the concert!" Shawn said, with Michele behind him.

"Okay." I responded and getting up. "Go to the stage! I'll meet you there." I said smiling at him.

He quickly nodded and left the room, leaving Michele and I.

"Hurry up hoe! It's time."

"I've been waiting for this to happen for so long. Lets go."

-=+=-
Words: 1,262

Updated: 7/11/2016

Votes and Comments are appreciated!