Chapter Ten: Florist

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

Last night, I fell asleep quickly after the whole dad nostalgia, but today, I don't have to go to school which I'm thankful about. I picked up my phone and saw some DMs from Jordan and decided to talk to him.

froyomendes: good morning? so how are you this fine morning Jacob?

me: i'm feeling pretty great today, i don't have to go to school because of my ankle, but i go back tomorrow.

froyomendes: you're lucky! so how was yesterday?

me: it was amazing. and like at the end of the night, i looked at a photo of my dad and i really miss him tbh. so much.

You might be asking yourselves, "why the hell are you telling someone you only met not even for a week this ,such already?"

Well my answer to that is that he can relate to me. He lost one of his parents just like me, but his life is way worse than mine. But, its always nice when you can find someone to vent to that can somewhat or fully understand your situation.

froyomendes: i know how you feel Jacob, don't worry. I miss my mom. But it will get better don't worry! :-)

me: ew gross.

froyomendes: what, why?

me: the nose. its ugly. you used the wrong face.

me: :D*

froyomendes: goodbye. literally though, i have to go to school, talk to you later yeah?

me: have fun at school!

After sending the message, I locked my phone and put in on my bed table before attempting to change out of my black skinny jeans, which were surprisingly comfortable to sleep in and my legs could still breathe. It was a struggle to put them on due to my cast, so it was even worse to take them off. Good job Jacob.

Once I changed into joggers, which were way more comfortable to move in, I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket before balancing myself on my crutches and heading into the kitchen. Before I could enter the kitchen through, a plate of food caught my attention. It was a plate of pancakes that my mom made which I gladly took two of them and put them on a plate.

Since I basically have the house all to myself, I decided to lay down in the couch, eat pancakes and watch Ellen, because that is all I ever do to be honest when I'm not on YouTube.

Plus Ellen is a queen so, I'm not complaining.

-=+=-

After three recorded episodes of Ellen, Michele entered my house nonchalantly, interrupting my home alone recovery party to myself.

"Hello hoe, I brought you some polaroid photos you left at my house," Michele said dropping the photos off on a table, "I smell food."

"You interrupted my Ellen marathon, thanks for the photos and there are pancakes in the kitchen." I said focusing my attention back to the television.

"Oh and, I have your boot in my car." Michele said, returning to the living room with a plate of pancakes.

"I don't wear boots," I responded, with confusion in my voice. "And the last time I've worn boots was when I was like 5 and went to Alaska for a trip with my family."

"No, your mom dropped it off at my house. Something about your ankle not being that fractured and you can get the cast off, and replace it with some boot." Michele responded, eating her pancakes and watching the screen.