Chapter Sixteen: Jealousy?

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

After 30 minutes of FaceTiming Shawn, I realized that I haven't even asked him when Jenna is arriving.

"Shawnie boy, when is Jenna coming on tour with you." I said, soon realizing that I called him by his nickname that I would always refer to him when I talked to Michele, because of that, a light shade of pink.

"Shawnie boy?" Shawn said, giggling at his nickname, "I like it."

"Shut up and just answer my question."

"My manager said she'll be here be tomorrow! You have the day off right? I need you to help me! Please!" Shawn insisted, and I just smiled at him.

"Shawn, tomorrow is Sunday. I'm obviously off. And of course Shawn. That's what friends are for!" I said cheerfully. Am I going to regret this decision in the future? Maybe. I already don't like the sound of him dating a girl.

It's the fan side of me talking I swear. I don't like Shawn. I can't like Shawn. He's popular and straight. I'm hated and gay.

"Thank you Jacob again! Anyways, I'm gonna go hiking so I'll talk to you later?" Shawn asked, I smiled at him.

"Sure thing, bye Shawnie."

"Bye Jacoby."

He hung up, but I just gave my screen a weird look before quickly sending him a text saying:

That was one of the worst nicknames I've ever received we are no longer friends again.

I turned my laptop off, putting it on my desk before walking into the silent living room. I wanted to have time to myself and just relax, but once again, I was interrupted by the garage door opening.

It startled and I spoke with a shaky voice.

"H-hello?"

"Oh Jacob you're awake! I wanted to give this to you as soon as I could!" My mom spoke as she gave a box, wrapped in Disney wrapping paper. 

"Nice wrapping paper mother." I said, laughing at her.

"It's the only one they had at my work."

I unwrapped it and my eyes widened.

I can't believe how much my mom has given me within the past month. It's amazing, yet also terrifying knowing that she's working many nights, never home just to buy me stuff while she only gets herself something once a year.

"A camera? Mom, why are you giving me this? This is an expensive one." I said as I looked up to see my mom smiling.

"Photography is a hobby of yours. I see you always taking photos on your phone whenever we drive somewhere. Also, the photos of your dad. Our camera broke awhile ago so I finally bought a new one so you could capture more moments and keep them as memories just like how you did with the photos of dad." My mom explained. I engulfed her in a hug in response and thanked her.

"Okay, my lunch break is gonna end soon I need to get back to work. Bye son, I love you." My mom said pulling away from the hug after kissing my head.

"Bye mom, love you." She left once again and I spent no time opening my camera.

I set it up, and looked through a cabinet in my mom's room to find an SD card which wasn't really a problem. My dad always loved photography and pictures in general. So he always bought a lot of SD cards because he couldn't delete any photo at all. His love for photography was passed down to me, so I take photos for my dad because of how much he loved them.