Chapter Thirty-One: Official

Jacob's POV

Shawn and I just left the mall the mall, bags in our hands and we are currently putting them in the back seats of the car.

"Hey Jacob, are you free tonight?" Shawn asks randomly.

"What?"

"Are you free tonight?" Shawn asked again randomly, an innocent smile on his face?

"Sure?" I answered, still confused.

"Would you like to go on date number 2 tonight?" Shawn asked as we both got in the car. I finally understood why he asked why if I was free, and I smiled.

"Is Shawn Mendes, asking me out on another date? How could I say no?" I answered and he just laughed.

"Well, I know this place that google showed me so let's go there now." Shawn said, putting his arms out phone on speaker and the navigation speaker started talking.

"Shawn, it's 40 minutes away." I told him as I read the estimated time to destination.

"I know, so?" Shawn asked.

"You expect me to drive 40 minutes?" I asked.

"Yup." Shawn quickly answered, putting a big a smile on his face.

"The things I do for you Shawn."

After around 40 minutes of driving, we arrive at a hiking trail, and I look at him confused.

"I was expecting a mall day," I started, "not a, hey, let's go hiking in skinny jeans and converse day!"

"Don't worry, this date was all coordinated." Shawn said before getting out of the car. He went to wear our shopping bags were and pulled out two new pairs of cargo shorts, and two new pairs of Nike running shoes.

"Shawn, I said don't waste your money on me and what did you do?" I asked looking at him sternly.

"I didn't waste money. I had a purpose." Shawn explained as he handed my new stuff.

"Did you even bring water?" I asked as I looked around in the car for water.

"I said this is planned, don't you worry. Now, the bathroom and paying area is over there, we can get changed there."

-=+=-

Currently, Shawn and I are on the trail, and what Shawn failed to tell me before we got on, is that bugs like this trail. And bugs and I don't get along that well.

"Shawn, there's a spider web there! Between the trees and we have to walk under it." I said as I grabbed onto Shawn's arm.

"What's a little spider gonna do?" Shawn said as he continued walking, but my pulling on him is slowing him down.

"Kill us." I simply stated.

"They're probably not even poisonous." Shawn said as he started to go under the web, but I pulled him back before he could.

"Snakes I'm okay with because you can see them better," I explained, "spiders are little devils that will bite you and poison you and you die."

"Once again, I'll make sure that doesn't happen to you." Shawn said, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it trying to comfort me.

"Okay, give me a minute to pre-" I started, but stopped because Shawn put me in front, hugged me from the back, pushing me forward to quickly duck under the web.

"See, it wasn't that bad." Shawn explained as he turned me around, grabbing my hand again.

I glare at him, and he just smiles innocently. I shake my head and we continue walking on the trail.