Chapter Five: Injuries

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

I woke up, confused on where I was. I looked around to see an IV pole and Michele sleeping on a chair. I came into conclusion that I was in a hospital but my thoughts were ruined by my mom coming into my room.

"Oh my god sweetie you're all right." My mom said surprised quickly walking towards me tears starting to brim her eyes. "I was worried sick. Please don't do this to me again." My mom said, starting to sob while hugging me.

"I'm sorry mom." I apologized, tears starting to brim my eyes as well as I hugged her back.

I pulled away from the hug and I heard a yawn, so I turned my head to see Michele yawning and stretching.

"Oh my god you're alive."

"It's nice knowing if I were to die, you would be sleeping through it." I sassily remarked, which earned a laugh from my mom and a scoff from Michele.

"Shut up and hug me." Michele said as she walked over and hugged me which I returned.

"Hello Mr. Brentwood, it's nice to see you're awake and doing well." A doctor said after he walked through the door looking through his papers.

"Wait, what even happened to me?" I asked the doctor confused because after I blacked out, I forgot some stuff that happened before hand.

"A student found you in the bathroom and tried to take you to the nurse, but you wouldn't wake up. Your friend happened to walk by and see your body and helped to bring you here." The doctor explained and it all started coming back to me. Kaden. "Do you know or remember who would do this?" The doctor questioned.

I nodded before saying his name.

"Kaden."

"Do you know his last name?" He questioned but I shook my head. "I have a son named Kaden. Didn't think that name is popular here but you never know. If it makes you feel better, my Kaden wouldn't do that. He's so sweet to his sister Emily."

Once he said that, I tensed. The whole room could tell because my heart rate started to pick up.

"Hey sweetie calm down, you're safe here." My mom spoke, trying to calm me down which did help.

"Anyways, you just have minor and not life threatening injuries. You have a concussion and a fractured ankle, which explains the cast on your leg and your head pain. I would recommend avoid a lot of movement because you'll be getting dizzy from time to time and just rest. Any questions?" The doctor explained.

"Do you know when I could go home?" I asked, already wanting to leave the hospital.

"I think you should be able to today. Let me just file your paperwork and all that stuff and a nurse should be in here in about in hour with your discharge papers."

"Thank you doc." My mom said looking at him. He nodded before exiting the room.

"Okay well I'm gonna grab some food, I'll bring some stuff back from the food court." Michele said, standing up from her seat and exiting the room, leaving my mom and I.

"Why Jacob?" My mom asked, and I gave her a confused look.

"Why didn't you tell me someone was doing this to you? I would've brought you to a private school! You're education and safety are so important. You are so important to me Jacob, you're the only one I have left." My mom explained crying.

"I-I didn't want to bother you or stress you out. You're world is so stressful enough and private schools are so expensive. I'm just a nuisance in your life." I explain to her looking down.

"Anak, you are my world. I strive and work hard to give you what you want and need. You're my life and you're the only reason why I'm here. I'm working for you, for, for us. For our future. We may not be the perfect family, but I still love it with all my life, and would sacrifice everything to keep you happy." My mom explained to me, and making me feel selfish. 

(A/N: Anak means "my son" in Tagalog)

I thought no one wanted me in this world. I've thought about ending it so many times. But what my mom told me, it shows me that she needs me in this world. I shouldn't leave this world. It'll get better someday right? Hopefully.

"I'm sorry mom, I love you."

"I love you too Jacob."

-=+=-

"You sure you're fine Jacob?" My mom asked for the sixth time, making sure I'm alright so she can return to work.

"Yes mom, I'm fine." I assured her.

"Okay, call me if you need anything okay? I'll see you later. Love you." My mom said, giving me a quick kiss on my forehead walking towards the door.

"Bye mom, love you too!" I said as she walked through the door.

I'm alive. I'm still alive. The day before the concert and meet and greet. I'm still alive.

To be able to still go, was a whole battle. My mom being worried, wanted me to go and she could quickly try to find someone else to buy the tickets because I insisted that we couldn't let this opportunity go to waste. Even though she was still skeptical, she is letting me go. She trusts Michele enough to know that if something is wrong, she'll know what to do.

The concert is tomorrow, but I have the worst luck ever and have to show up in crutches.

Wonderful.

I need to set up my bag with all of my supplies for tomorrow. I need to grab my film, my camera and the spare battery, both hopefully fully charge. My phone and the portable charger for my selfies with Shawn Mendes also known as the love of my life.

I need the CD of his so he can sign the cover.

I also need to bring Sharpies.

Oh wait I can't because I can barely walk.

Wonderful part two.

What's next, I'm gonna trip and fall right as I meet Shawn and completely embarrass myself?

Probably.

-=+=-

"Okay, I'm heading to work now, I called your school to excuse you and Michele for the next two days. Today for the concert, and for your concussion and Michele will be there to help you so they understand. I'll see you later." My mom said going up to me and kissing my forehead, just like she always does.

"Bye mommy, sunshine of my life. I love you."

"Love you too." She said as she left the house.

"Hi Ms. Brentwood, bye Ms. Brentwood." Michele said walking through my front door.

"TODAY IS THE DAY MICHELE." I screamed at her excited, walking with my crutches.

"I know, I'm so exited to see you and Shawn. I feel like a proud mother." Michele said grabbing my bag off the floor. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

"Let's go! I have to meet the love of my life!" O said trying to exit the house as fast as I can with these crutches. It takes a bit to get used too, but I'm doing fine.

"Next stop, Shawn Mendes VIP line."

-=+=-

Word Count: 1,216
Updated: 6/26/2016

Votes and Comments appreciated!