Chapter Twenty-One: Realization

Jacob's POV

Today is the day. Today Shawn and Jenna are coming.

I have been dreading and waiting for this day to come all at the same time because:
1. Shawn is coming
And 2. Shawn is coming.

You see, I'm excited for Shawn to visit me because bonding with Shawn but then again, he's Shawn Mendes.

Michele and I are currently preparing the guest room at my house for Shawn because he's gonna stay with me while Jenna stays with Michele. Fortunately, my mom decided to stay home for once and make food, something she rarely does anymore.

"Jacob, how much time do we have until we have to go to the airport?" Michele asked as she finished coloring her Welcome Shawn Mendes! Sign.

"We have..." I paused trying to find the time, "30 minutes oh my lord." I said starting to panic and getting up to clean everything.

"It's fine, it'll take us like 20 to finish cleaning." Michele said hanging the poster ever so slowly.

"We have 30 minutes," I said repeating myself, "30 minutes until they land."

She stumbled on the chair she was standing on to hang up the poster as soon as I finished and fell on the bed, which still didn't cause me to laugh because I was still panicking.

She started to rush her cleaning of the room and I did as well because the drive to the airport was around 20-25 minutes and I do not want to leave them waiting for an hour waiting for us.

Once we finished the cleaning and made sure that we left no mess, we got up and headed to my car to pick our visitors up.

"Mom, we're going to get them now!" I said as I was about to leave he door.

"See you later!" My mom said as she was cooking the spaghetti.

Michele and I were on our way to the airport, my fingers tapping on the wheel due to nervousness.

"So, are you excited for the week?" Michele asked trying to start conversation.

-=+=-

After a bit of small talk, Michele and I have arrived at the airport and at the moment, I am a nervous wreck.

What if he doesn't like my home? What if my mom doesn't like Shawn? Or Jenna? What if she doesn't like me?

We stood in the lobby of the airport, waiting for his plane to land. I am anxiously tapping my foot while looking at the flight board to see where Shawn's flight is.

"Attention, flight number 088 has arrived, flight 088 has arrived, thank you." Said the woman's voice on the intercom and Michele and I stood up and walked towards the gate.

After a few moments of waiting, which felt like hours of standing when in reality it was like 3 minutes, people started exiting the plane. My hands were fidgeting out of nervousness while Michele was smiling. Even after being friends with her for almost 10 years, I still don't understand how she isn't nervous for things like this.

After a bit more waiting, I tired looking Shawn exited the plane and a girl with brown hair who is presumably Jenna and then my nerves started to attack me once again, but somehow they are hidden and covered because of my excitement to hang out with Shawn.

Michele was the first to go up, and I awkwardly walked behind her because I don't know how to act in these situations.

"Hi Shawn, welcome, and you must be Jenna?" Michele said hugging Shawn and Jenna.

Jenna laughed, which you could see Shawn smile because of it before responding.

"Yeah, Shawn has been telling me all about you guys. Nice to meet you." She explained looking at both Michele and I with a sweet smile.