Chapter 2 Finally Home

Previously, on Love bite

I then turn my wolf's head back so I'm looking straight. Now like my human form, some things on my wolf have changed over the almost two years, and yet some things have stayed the same. For starters my wolf has gotten a little bigger but not much. My wolf is still cream colored for the most part, however I have a bit of light brown fur behind both of my ears, it's because of my now dark brown hair. When my hair started to darken, the fur behind my ears began to darken as well.

I then whimper and let out a yawn as I lay down on Luka's blanket, I then close my eyes and start to inhale Luka's fresh fading honey scent slowly. Another lonely day without Luka, I think to myself as I just lay there, waiting for the sun to come up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Luka

My vision returns to normal as I regain control back from my wolf. I must've been out for a while because the last time I was in control the sky was light blue and it was morning, now the sky is dark and I can see stars twinkling in the night sky. I turn and look over my shoulder and see Sophie's uncle, still running just a few steps behind me, at least nothing bad happened to him while I was out of it, I think to myself.

"Hey, how long was I out?" I slightly snarl.

"Oh. Not for long, only about twelve hours" He grumbles back to me.

Well dang it. I was out for longer then I originally thought I was, I think to myself as I turn my head back around and try to look around, but it's so dark that, even with my wolf's eyes all I can see are the tall, snow-covered pines as I speed right by them. I turn towards Liam. "So Teach, where do you think we are?" I grumble.

"Oh, I'll bet you'll figure that out for yourself in less than two seconds," and then in that same amount of time a scent enters my nose. A familiar scent, that of cedar wood, tea tree, and pine, this makes my tail wag slightly in happiness, and my eyes brighten slightly, this is the scent of the Emerald Stone Pack grounds. I'm home. I can't believe it after almost two full years of being away I am finally home. "Luka" Sophie's uncle growls, snapping me out of my daze. "Hold up a sec" He then grumbles, and we both come to a dead stop, coming up the trail that leads to the last pack border.

"What are we stopping for?" I ask with a slight cock of my head.

He then looks at me. "Simple, I just want to know if we're still being chased" Sophie's uncle replies turning his head back towards the other way. Both of us then go silent as we listen to the night air as it blows through the trees, suddenly we then hear the sounds of the growls and snarls of our pursuers as they slowly start to walk over towards us.

Liam quickly turns his head back around towards me. "Well, time to start running again" He lightly snarls, as he and I tear into a sprint once again.

My heart then starts to race even faster. Those two wolves are now trespassing onto Sophie's turf, regular UW's wouldn't stoop this low, so now we know that they will stop at nothing, any means to catch or maybe even kill us. Then as we both come around the final turn that leads up to the hill where I last saw Sophie, my eyes widen again and my heart skips a beat. Another sent hits my nose. Granted I'm still smelling the Emerald Stone Pack grounds but there's another sent mixed in with it, I take in another whiff to be sure. Mixed in with the woodsy, piney smell of the pack grounds is a lone scent, so fresh it couldn't have been there but a few hours, fresh vanilla. My heart leaps for joy, there's no doubt in my mind, Sophie's been here today.

"Sophie's been here, she's really been here" I whimper and then let out a long howl of happiness, then out from the corner of my eye I see Liam trying to connect the mind link to someone. "Who are you trying to link?" I ask as I turn towards him panting slightly.