Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts

Merry Christmas you guys, this us a gift from me to you. Warning, long  chapter ahead.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Previously, on Love bite 

My uncle then shakes his head. "No Honey. You hit me in the jaw not in the nose, and it only stung for a second, you did great" He then grumbles. Then as they both stand up, my aunt and Uncle press their foreheads together as a way to reassure the other that the bond they both share is still there and that all is forgiven.

For a few moments after that the scene in front of us looks like it could've come from a Disney movie. Just the girl and the wolf standing there forehead to forehead, like there's no one else in the world, it almost seems magical. All too soon though they have to break apart, and they have to come back to their own groups.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

I then take a step forward again, so that I'm now in the same spot I was in before. "I hope you all were paying attention to what you just saw because that's how you fight a one on one battle against a werewolf" I say. "You face off against your opponent. Never backing down, you never want to back down when you're faced with your enemy. That's a sign of weakness, and you will be taken out. Try to distract your enemy with a punch like my aunt just did, or with a fake out like you see a lot when watching football. When they're not looking you gain the upper hand, you get behind them, and you kill them before they even know what hit them. Does everybody get my drift?"

They all nod. I then take a step back, while my uncle and Chris both take a step up. "Alright then. Now Sophie is going to start calling out the names of one pure human or hybrid at a time. Chris and myself will be watching the fights, and we will be the ones to tell you if you slip up, and why you slipped up. Do I make myself clear?" My uncle asks firmly, they all nod.

"Alright first fight is between Arthur Whitefoot, vs, Jason Bay " I say firmly as the sandy brown wolf of Art's, and a young man with raven black hair, and amber eyes make their way to the center, slash fighting space. Jayson's a hybrid, I can tell that just by looking at him.

From the times I've seen Jayson I always think these three things. Cocky, ill tempered, and show off. But then again so is Art at times, which is going to make this match a good one. I know, I can feel it in my gut. I watch then as the two of them stop in the center and face each other. "This oughta be good" Dylan softly snarls from inside his chest, as he watches his little brother from the sidelines. Then the rest of the wolves grumble with him in agreement. I give him a slight nod, before turning back around and watching the both of them, waiting for the action to start up again.

"You're going down, you big sand colored fur ball" Jayson says, through his gritted teeth.

Art then huffs. "Look who's talking. You have no idea who you're messing with Jayson" Art growls at him, pulling back his top lip and showing his teeth.

"I sure would love to find out" Jayson taunts him. Art's posture then stiffens, and then for a second everything goes silent, before all hell breaks loose, and the sounds of wolf snarls and hybrid like snarls starts up.

When Jayson and Art clash, they clash head on like two wolves normally do in a fight. Jayson stands on his legs, and using his body weight, he tries to push Art back so that he'll lose his balance and fall down, Art is way too smart for that though, he then takes one of his front paws and pushes the body in front of him firmly. Jayson stumbles back a few feet but he regains his footing, Art gets back on four legs himself. Art's body then tenses like a coiled spring, as he braces for the next attack. Jason then launches out towards his rival head on, but at the last moment Art dodges him and then starts to walk in a tight circle, trying to intimidate.