Chapter 37

Previously, on Love bite.

Rolling over in my mate's grasp, I look at him. Luka's eyes are closed as if he's asleep, but his face is scrunched up. My mate's still restless. There's something else bothering him. I can feel it, but I can't figure out what it is.

But for now, I drift off to sleep with one last fleeting thought in my mind.

I'm just glad I didn't lose my former Omega.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Opening the bedroom door softly so not to disturb Luka, I walk up towards the staircase, yawning tiredly

From downstairs, I can hear loud voices muffling together as one, it sounds like this house has come alive, or at the very least, we're having a house party. I let out a tired sounding groan, rub my eyes, and keep going. Nothing could be further from the truth.

At like, I don't know around maybe two o'clock this morning. Luka woke up, just screaming and letting out howls of pain. I tried comforting him and asking him what was the problem, but he wouldn't tell me. I did manage to calm him down enough to sleep around four. Afterward, I just stayed up and watched over him. Which is one of the reasons I'm walking around the house, looking like I'm half dead.

Getting off the final step, I smell and hear the mouthwatering aroma of someone cooking breakfast in the kitchen. I turn my head and spot Greg at the stove. I swear these days; this guy never stops preparing food.

I make my way to him. He looks up from whatever it is he's frying and smiles, he then gives me a bow in greeting.

"Morning Alpha."

"Morning Greg," I then try and stand on my tip toes to see what might be on the menu, but to no avail. "What uh, what are you fixing there?"

Greg looks down, giving the food a nod and replies. "Loaded hash browns."

In response, I give him a sarcastic smile and say. "Oh really, so, that must mean you're cooking for a full house, aren't you Greg?"

"You don't know the half of it, Sophie," he retorts, a bit more firmly then I think he wanted too. "Did you know, Keith has already run to the store twice for me already this morning?"

"No, what happened?"

"Nothing major, these Ruby Stone wolves cleaned you out," Greg then gives me an even bigger smile. "With the amount of food, they've been eating, they make cooking food for you and Luka look like child's play." "No offense."

"None taken," I reply, giving him a kind smile. Looking to my right and my left for a moment before facing him again. "Where's your mate and your future step-daughter?"

"Amanda wanted to keep Victoria home for the morning, just in case you've still got to sort some things out with Alpha Ace."

I give him a nod, "I understand." Yawning again, I turn towards the living room couch. "Well Greg, it's been fun talking to you, but I'm going to go take a seat," I say, turning back to face him slightly.

I start walking away, as I do, however, I let out another yawn. From behind me, I hear Greg call after me in a questioning tone.

I turn and take the few short steps back towards him. "Oh, I forgot Greg, I need a..."

"Large coffee this morning," Greg replies, cutting me off and finishing the rest of my sentence.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask, even though I know it's obvious.