Chapter 35

Previously, on Love bite.  

This is Cody and Heather's baby. Sophie actually pulled it off, she and her aunt delivered the newborn, not that I doubted she would. Even though I can tell that the baby's healthy just by listing to its cry, something still doesn't fill right.

Feeling my own drowsiness starting to take wing, I slowly slide my eyes shut snuggling the side of my face gently deeper into Ace's chest. In the last few moments, before sleep puts me under its spell, my brain conjures up one last thought. It's something I haven't thought of up until this point.

I've just become a future Luna. Oh my God

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Elliot and I come speed walking into Cody and Heather's room just a few moments later, finding Luka and my aunt waiting for us. My aunt looks at me, her face washed with confusion.

"Sophie, what are you doing here? Where's Shelby?" She asks me nicely.

Elliot brushes by me, taking his place at the head of Heather's bed and holding her hand, standing across the bed from Luka.

"Shelby's in her room marking Ace, trying to save him," I tell her. "I'm here to take her place for this delivery."

Shifting her attention from Heather for a moment, aunt Sherry asks. "Do you think she'll do it, Sophie?"

"Personally. I think she will, but that's entirely up to her." Turning our attention back on Heather, I then ask my aunt. "So how dilated is she?"

"Almost fully Sophie," she replies. "Nearly to ten."

Hearing this, I begin to zone out, getting lost in my own thoughts for a moment. This doesn't make any sense, if Heather just now went into labor, she wouldn't be progressing this quickly. Most early stages of labor take hours. Unless.

Looking down towards Heather who's lying in the center of the bed, I ask. "How long have you been in labor?"

Wincing, Heather replies. "I don't know, about twenty, thirty minutes."

Shaking my head, I say to her firmly. "I don't think so Heather if you've just gone into labor, it wouldn't be happening this fast. Judging by this, I would say you've been in labor for at least a few hours. Now I'm going to ask you again, how long has it been?"

Letting out a sigh, Heather then speaks. "Alright, it started earlier this morning, just as Cody was getting me down into the bunker."

Cody looks towards his mate, his face full of surprise. "You said that was just a strong kick when I asked you what was wrong," he tells her. "If you had told me you were going into labor, I would've stayed behind and taking care of you."

Heather getting a guilty look on her face, tells him. "Well, I felt like I didn't have much of a choice but to hide it. The pack needed you, and I didn't want to put anyone in danger from you not being there."

With that, Heather screams out in pain. Aunt Sherry turns and checks, while Cody squeezes Heather's hand tightly. Seeing my aunt turning back to face his mate, Cody then asks her.

"What is it, Doctor Sherry? What's wrong?"

Looking up at him smiling, aunt Sherry replies. "Nothing's wrong Cody, it's just time to push." Aunt Sherry looks down towards Heather, she then tells her. "You know what that means Heather, time to get into position."