Chapter 39

Previously, on Love bite.

"We'll talk more when we meet."

"Say no more, I'm already on my way."

I disconnect the mind link and head towards the elevator.

As soon as I get back downstairs, Elliot gets back at my side and together we make our rounds in the rest of the hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Arriving home near dusk, I notice that there're still some Ruby stone wolves in my living room, but not as many as there were this morning. Most of them must've already turned in for the night.

They give us friendly waves as we walk in.

Wanting to hang out with his old pals some more, and possibly keep himself busy, Elliot walks over and sits down on the couch.

Scanning over the room, I spot my aunt hiding against the wall by the house elevator. I walk over towards her and crack a smile.

"Well, seems to me you got home before Elliot and I could."

"So it would seem Little Sophie."

I hug her.

"Did you get Asher taken care of?"

She nods.

"Yes. Suzie came and picked him up a little over an hour ago."

"I'd take it Asher was happy about that."

"Very, he tried to jump into Suzie's arms even though his chest and arms were bandaged."

"Oh my gosh, poor thing."

"Aunt Sherry. Not to be rude or anything, but aren't you supposed to be upstairs helping Shelby"?

She nods again.

"I was, and I am, Sophie. It took both of us to get Ace in the tub. Now Shelby's up there helping him clean up. I'm just waiting for her to link me when they're done. Thought I'd wait down here."

"How did he look when you got him up and walking?"

"Weak. Ace could barely take a step when he was trying to walk, Shelby and I had to do most of the work. He's so weak Sophie, he didn't even move once when we got him inside of the tub."

"Wow, that bad huh. Do you happen to know when he will get his strength back, and be strong enough to leave?"

"Hmmmm. It could be a few months, three tops."

My chest then hardens. Luka's not going to like that.

Deciding to change the subject, I turn towards her.

"So I'd also take it, Uncle's still sleeping?"

"Yes, he is."

"Thought as much."

Ever since the battle yesterday, my uncle has become best friends with their bed. Apart from bringing my aunt a spare uniform, he's spent most of his free time in bed. He and Luka both.

Turning towards me, my aunt's face changes.

"And speaking of sleep Sophie, when was the last time you got some?"

"Almost four nights."

"Four nights. Now look, Sophie, I get why the night before last night, but why not last night? The threat was gone, what kept you up?"