Chapter 9

Previously, on Love bite  

  We clash again on two legs again, growling, snapping, clashing our teeth together, and snarling as we do so, just like we did the first time, the only difference is this time I have the advantage. As he's trying to get to me I lean forward and lock my jaws tightly around the Rogue's neck and then just wait for a second, then one quick snap along with a sharp whine later I let go, and his body limply falls to the ground. It's over.

I drop back down on all four paws, my heart rate still going a million miles a minute inside my chest. I then shake my head slightly and snarl in victory, then as I look back at the body of the wolf I just killed my heart rate then slows and my ears slightly flatten at the realization of what I've just done. I then let out a pitiful sounding whimper and my legs begin to buckle, I then sit down. What did I just do? I ask myself panting, as I shift back into my human form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

Did we all just see what I think we saw? I ask myself with my eyes all but popping out of my head. Did Luka just manage to kill a large male Rogue that was even slightly bigger then he is, I mean Luka only came up to about his neck. Of course he did manage to defeat Ace Summers after he was kidnapped a little over a year ago, but that was different then this. That time Luka wasn't even in control, his wolf was, so he had no control over his actions, but this time it was clear that Luka was in control of his animal side the entire time. What had my uncle been teaching him while they were out in Bloodstone Canyon? I find myself asking inside my mind.

"Same old Luka, always full of surprises" Keith grumbles chuckling slightly, as he looks over towards me.

I look over back towards him and shake my head. "No, I really don't think it is the same Luka" I whimper. Sure he may look the same, but this new Luka is grown up, and has learned some new tricks. The question is, what kinds of new tricks?

I then turn towards Elliot. "Okay Maloney, it's clear, so that means that you and your little friend can come out now " I slightly whimper, very slowly Elliot moves up a bit revealing a worried looking girl, Maloney in a sitting position, using her hand to cover the pups eyes, as if trying to shield her from the shock of what just happened, then as I softly approach her she removes her hand and the pup just looks up at me with wide eyed wonder written all over her face.

"Good morning Maloney, and who's this?" I ask her as I crouch down, so I don't frighten the little one.

"Actually Alpha, she wanted you to guess who she is" She replies, as the little pup then smiles at me and sticks her little baby pink tongue out.

I then take a good look. There are a limited number of options on who it could be, but I know for a fact that she isn't a Rogue herself otherwise she would be smelling like one, but instead she's smelling like one of my pack with her own unique scent mixed in along with it, I then try to think hard about it for a moment. "Alright. I give up, who are you little one?" I ask her in a gentle tone.

Maloney then looks down towards the pup and smiles. "Go on mind link the Alpha, go ahead" She tells her with a slight nod, and in less than a second I feel the buzzing sensation in my head, I pick up the line.

"Hello?"

"Hello, would this be the Alpha?" A small voice on the other end asks me.

"Yes it is, may I ask who this is?" I ask her back.

"Alpha Sophie, it's Chloe" She replies with a giggle, then the line goes dead.

My jaw then drops as I slowly look up towards Maloney. "Did she? Is that really?..." I trail off unable to finish speaking, Maloney just gives me a simple nod. I then look back down towards Chloe. "When did she shift?" I ask her older sister.