Chapter 33

Previously, on Love bite.   

Smiling at him, I just say. "Don't worry about it, our packs are united now, we help each other out, it's what we do."

No matter what has happened or what will happen with our packs in the near future, two things are clear. I'm glad this little feud between Ace, Luka, and I is finally over. I'm also glad that this battle didn't end like I thought it would.

Only now, I just hope we're not too late.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Making it to the house, we all breathe a sigh, but everyone knows we're not out of the woods yet. Even with all of us running, it took us about thirty minutes to get to this point, the rain not helping much.

Every few seconds, aunt Sherry and I look at each other wondering how much time Ace has lost from his life. Just by looking at him, we can both tell it isn't looking good. Ace hasn't moved or said much of anything since leaving the Meeting Valley.

That goes for the two of them.

Shelby's still so in shock over her situation turn around, her face has turned a visible shade of pale, only able to keep moving from following my aunt's orders.

When I try to connect the connection with her to try to find out what's going on with her, I find that Shelby's thoughts are so jumbled up and scattered all at the same time, I can't even understand them.

Upon closing in on the front door, it open's to reveal Keith on the inside waiting for us. he looks at us, then speaks.

"Cody and I heard everything over the connection as we were coming back here." "Get Ace inside, hurry."

Walking into and heading straight for the house elevator, I look around for Cody but I can't find him. I wonder where he could be?

"He went to check up on Heather, typical." "After I checked up on Alex, I waited here for you guys."

"Thanks, Keith," I thank him as one of us lets go of the stretcher with one hand and pushes the elevator button.

Stepping inside, the doors close behind us. Pushing the button to go up to the second floor my aunt asks

"Wouldn't it be easier to take him to your Healing Quarters Sophie?"

Shaking my head, I respond with. "No, we're taking him to Shelby's room".

Looking over at the girl in question, I can see her body starting to tense. I continue

"Her room has enough of her scent to hopefully slow the mate madness down, at least until we find out what to do next," I say to my aunts face but aim it for Shelby, trying to calm her.

It works, I can see her body relax ever so slightly.

My aunt then gives me an understanding look.

The doors open and we all get off, heading to Shelby's room.

Opening the door and turning on the lights, we put the Stretcher gently on the bed with a moan of pain from Ace. I then look at the two Ruby Stone wolves who helped us.

"Go downstairs, we've got it from here guys. Thanks for your help."

The two guys give us a your welcome nod, turning around and walking out the door.

Turning back towards Ace, my aunt speaks, getting our attention. "Okay, Sophie. You, Luka, and Elliot, you hold Ace up a bit, while Shelby and I pull the stretcher out from under him."