Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms

Previously, on Love bite 

  Once on four paws I trot myself over towards Luka as he gets up and is shaking the snow off his body. "You'll never grow up, will you Luka?" I ask, cocking my head over to the side.

"Nope" He happily yelps in a reply.

"Thought as much. Okay, let's get going I don't want to keep your surprise guest waiting any longer then he already has for this day" I slightly snarl.

"Right behind you" Luka slightly snarls back, before we take off. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

 Luka and I are running parallel to each other, and listening to the snow crunch under are paws as they hit the ground, practically galloping almost to get to our destination. Running in wolf form in winter isn't like running in wolf form in spring and summer, for starters you get in icy breeze blowing through your fur that makes you feel like you've just ate a whole box of tick-tacks in one go, there's all the cold snow under your warm paws, and finally, there are all the snowflakes you can chase and eat.

I turn towards Luka, who's just looking around at all the snow that there is, he doesn't know where we're going, but come to think of it neither do I. I don't know where are target is located because I didn't tell him we were going to do this, he doesn't know Luka's coming, or home for that matter I don't think, so I'm hoping to surprise both the guy in question, and my mate at the same time.

I have to know where he is, I just can't pull it from the top of my head, since he's always on the move, but I also have to be sneaky about it I can't let Luka know who he's about to reunite wit, I may not be about to mind link the other person in question but I know the next best one. Taking a deep breath I turn towards Luka to see if he's watching me, once I know I'm in the clear I turn back and connect the mind link too Chris's.

"Chris" I say on my end, but no response so I try again. "Hello Chris are you there, can you hear me?"

"Yes Alpha, I can hear you loud and clear, sorry it took me a second to connect the line" Chris replies on his end.

"Where are you?" I ask him.

"I'm keeping watch it the main border, why are you asking?" He asks me.

"Nothing just curious, hay while we're at it, I need you to locate someone in the pack for me please" I say.

"Sure thing Alpha, who is it?" Chris asks. I want to say his name, but to play it safe just in case Luka is listening in, I just imagine his face in my mind. When you're using the mind link you can hear the voice of the wolf you're connected to but you can also see the images that wolf has inside of their heads, Luka and I can't do this until we're both marked so the surprise is safe.

After a moment, Chris speaks up again. "He's in the training field" Chris replies.

I smile in my head. "Thought as much" I say.

"Man, it seems like all that boy ever wants to do these days is train. Well, that and spread kindness throughout the world as he puts it" Chris tells me.

"Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, that does make sense. Boy, it's a good thing we're already heading in that direction, otherwise, I would've had to make a u turn" I say. Oh snap, I think to myself as soon as those words leave my mouth.

"Wait Sophie, what do you mean by we're, who's with you?" He asks me.

I guess I have no other choice, I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone in case they didn't believe me last night, but this is one of my head Beta's, one of my second in command, I can trust him. "Well who do you think, or were you one of the ones that thought my howl from last night was a joke?" I playfully ask him.