Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run

Previously, on Love bite   

Cody then shifts the plate over and balances it on his left hand, and pushes down on the gold-plated leaver style doorknob and the door opens with a slight creek. Time for the truth, I think to myself.

"Sweet heart, I brought you your breakfast, and the Alpha and a very special guest are here to see you" Says Cody, poking his head around the slightly opened door, peering into the room.

"Tell them they can come in, but please mind the way I look, I look horrible" Replies a very faint females voice from behind the door, inside the room, Cody then turns back towards the both of us.

"Did you guys here that?" He asks us, we both nod. "Well alright then, come on in" Cody says as he opens up the door wider so that we can all get in.

----------------------------------------------------

Now Luka

Once we enter the room and I start to look around I'm taken aback, it's not who's in the room that has me surprised, but the overall look and feel of the room itself. Reptile green walls, covered in a black lizard track wallpaper, three large bay windows covered in light green curtains, to keep the sunlight from streaming too brightly down into the bassinet made of dark colored wood and with light green sheets.

I then look to the right side of the room and see a good-sized baby changing table, on it I see clean baby bottles and a stack of diapers that have yet to be used, along with a rocking chair in the other corner. I then look over and see a figure, Heather laying in a dark green and white sheeted bed, her hand soothingly rubbing over her ballooning stomach. I turn towards Sophie, who gives me a slow nod, instantly my heart comes out of my throat and goes back down into my chest where it rightfully belongs, and that angered heat leaves my body in a single second.

I then turn towards Cody who's just smiling like an overgrown idiot. "Really, she is, you are?..." I trail off unable to ask fully, Cody just nods and walks over towards the bed where is mate is laying, putting the food on the bedside table while he's at it.

Sophie steps in to help. "Yes Luka, Heather is... Pregnant" She says.

Of course, what was I thinking? Sophie wasn't cheating on me, and Cody didn't move into Sophie's house to get closer to her, he moved in because his mate was pregnant that makes more sense. I need to get the Idea of Sophie, my one and only cheating on me out of my head and gone for good, I think to myself as I shake my head, and the thoughts vanish one last time.

"Alpha Luka, this is a pleasant surprise. Cody can you please help be sit up?" Heather then suddenly asks her mate snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Heather, it's been a long time" I say as Cody then helps her sit up. I slowly walk up to her and stop. "May I" I ask slowly moving my hand towards her stomach.

"Please, I'd be much obliged if you did" The soon to be mother in the room kindly replies, I then gently put my hand to her stomach and move it around in a circular motion.

"Cody when I said best of luck to you and your mate the last time I saw you, I didn't mean it like this" I say with a slight chuckle as I look at him out of the corner of my eye, I then turn my focus back on Heather.

"How far along are you?" I ask her.

"25 weeks" She replies.

"Would you mind converting that into months for me?" I ask giving her a confused look.

"Not a math guy, huh" She giggles, "it's..." She gets cut off by someone else walking into the room.

"It's almost six months along Luka" Says a female's voice, I stand up and turn my head towards the door, and see Aunt Sherry walking slowly over towards us, carrying a chair.