Chapter 26 She finally Snaps

Previously, on Love bite 

 "Oh, is that it?"

As Luka and I continue our patrol into the early morning hours, still guided by what's left of the full moon, my mind starts to wonder.

What if there really is a connection between how Ace and I met, and why he still thinks I'm his mate? But if that's the case, what am I missing here? I feel as if something's not adding up, what could be the missing link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

  Now Sophie's P.O.V

Feeling myself shift back, I try to slip back to sleep, and I would have succeeded if not for someone tapping my shoulder. I moan sleepily, I already know who it is before I open my eyes. The wolf in question starts to chuckle

Dang it, he heard me moan. Well, no since trying to get a few more hours of sleep now, not when your mate's wanting you up.

My eyes flutter open to find, not to my surprise, Luka, looking down at me. He's giving me a look, like he's proud of something, such as waking me up.

"Morning sunshine, how are you?" he asks.

"Sleepy," I reply. "What time is it?"

Luka then turns and looks over his shoulder, towards the sky, which is mostly a pale blue with a few hints of light blue.

"Bout sometime around dawn." Luka replies turning back around to face me.

I then sit up and look around.

Sometime earlier this morning me and Luka grew tired of running, we couldn't patrol the rest of our root ourselves, the both of us knew it was time to let our wolves take control in order for us to get some sleep. As soon as we did, it all went black. I don't even know where our wolves decided to fall asleep last night after patrol was done with.

When I know for sure where we are, I turn back to face Luka. "Why did you wake me up, Luka?"

"Partly, because I'm starving," he replies. "Secondly, I had just received a mind link from Keith a moment before, he's on his way to the house to go pick up Alex. The doors locked, he'll need our help to get inside."

I give Luka a look, then blink at him.

He then gives me a grin. "Trust me, Sophie, it wasn't my idea to wake you up. In fact, if it were up to me, I would have left you alone. You're offal pretty when you're sleeping."

My cheeks heat up slightly, making me blush. "Well, even though I'm still not happy about it, thanks for the compliment, Hun."

I stand up, even though my legs protest against it, leaving Luka the only one still on the ground. I then dust myself off, starting to walk away. Once I'm a few feet away from him, I stop and look over my shoulder

"You coming?" I ask with a smile of my own.

He nods, getting to his feet and following after me, it takes Luka no time at all before he's back by my side again.

***

As we come out of the trees that face the back of the house, we hear a twig snap, Luka startles a bit. I take a whiff in the direction of the sound.

"Relax, Luka, it's only Keith."

As soon as the words leave my mouth, Keith's human form comes jogging through the thick trees.

"Oh, there you guys are, he says, slowing to a walk as he spots us and comes over.

Luka grips his chest in shock. "Geeze Keith, next time mind link us before you come out of the trees like that," he says, taking his hand away.