Chapter 19

Previously, on Love bite 

  "Very well then" he says, before the line goes dead.

I then watch and listen as my uncle steps forward, clears his throat again, and begins to speak. Alright, now we are down to the last sparing match of the day" my uncle says. Suddenly my heart starts to race, so I quickly take a deep breath in and out. Calming myself. Easy Sophie girl, calm down, I tell myself soothingly. You can do this. I know you can. My uncle then looks towards me, I give him a reassuring nod. I then turn away, not wanting to look at the other group. "The last match of today is, our own Alpha Sophie Peterson Vs Shelby Green."

In that one moment time stands still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

Once mine and Shelby's names are called it takes a moment or two before I start to make my way towards the space in between the two groups. My heart starting to race again inside my chest, hearing my paws thump against the snow as I start to slowly move forward, my head held high and looking straight ahead. Luka looks my way and gives me a low whimper.

"Good luck my love and be careful" he says with a somewhat worried look on his face.

"Thank you Hun. I will, don't you worry about a thing" I lightly grumble as I slightly turn my head and look at him out from the corner of my eye.

When I step out from the formation of wolves that make up our group I see Dylan and Angie peering out at me from the gap of wolf bodies.

"Good luck, Sophie, we'll all be rooting for you" I hear Dylan say. All of the pack then grumbles with him in agreement. I then feel a lightness enter my chest, and I can't help but feel humbled by this.

"Thanks Dylan and to every one of you guys. That means a lot to me" I grumble back.

I'm convinced that I have the best pack in the world.

I then look out from the corner of my eye and see my aunt talking to Shelby as she slowly starts to step out of her group, but they're talking so quietly that I can't tell what they're saying. Even with these ears. From what I can see however my Aunt seems to be reassuring Shelby, and Shelby's biting her lip even harder than before. This leaves me confused again. Why would Shelby be so nervous to fight against me? And if she is nervous, why is she biting her lip so hard in the first place? What's the big secret? If there is one that is. I find myself asking in my mind.

Then I shake my head. No. No that can't be. Shelby can't be hiding anything from me, we're best friends. Well, then again. I did keep the secret that I had the Alpha gene from her for a little over six months. So... My train of thought gets cut off by some chatter going over the pack mind link.

"This one's going to be good" I hear Luka say as he turns his head slightly towards Art.

"Yes. I have to agree with you on this one, this last fight is going to be epic" Art replies back to him with a slight grumble himself. Glad to see those two finally starting to get along, I think to myself.

I get to the center of the meeting valley first and wait for Shelby. I see her give my aunt a firm nod before she finally steps out of her group, and then starts to walk slowly over towards me. It only takes a few moments before we're standing face to face, squaring off against each other. From looking at her now, I can tell by the look on her face that she's nervous. But about what?

"Hey Shelby, real quick before we get started" I say in a slight grumble as I look her in the eyes. "What was that conversation you had with my Aunt about?"