Chapter 4 A Great Morning

Previously, on Love bite 

 I then walk over and plop myself down beside Luka. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight" He says as we rub our noses against each other's, I then close my eyes.

This night has been the best night of my life so far, minus the fact that Luka and my uncle were running for their lives, and it was touch and go for a while whether we would see them alive again or not. On the plus side. I have Luka and my uncle back home safe and sound the two unknown wolves are taken care of, and to top it all off, we have a new pack member. I wonder who it could be. I ask myself before darkness takes its hold, and I fall asleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

When I wake up the next morning the fresh sent of honey enters my nose, but this time it's not the faded scent from the blanket it smells fresh, like a warm spring day. Not opening my eyes yet, I yawn and then stretch out my arms, finding that I'm back in my human form. About a moment later my hands stop when they hit up against something warm and smooth feeling.

Gliding my hand up the smooth surface in front of me I begin to explore, though I still have no idea what this is. Almost instantly sparks go up my arm and warm heat spreads its way across my chest and body, almost like pure bliss. My hand continues to slowly go up the mysterious, warm, smooth surface, my curiosity getting the best of me. Suddenly the dreamy area vanishes behind my hand and is replaced by a new texture entirely, I can tell by the feel of it, that it's a fabric of some kind, it's mostly thick and heavy, but also a bit soft, I then can feel my lips turning into a slight smile.

It kind of reminds me of my brother's thick, black, winter jacket. My brother's thick, black winter jacket, wait a minute, I think to myself. My eyes then pop open, giving me blurry vision as I do so. I sit up and rub my eyes hoping that would get them to clear up. As I get done with the small task at hand, my still slightly blurred eyes then land on a figure laying on the blanket next to me, when my eyes finally come into focus, I am left stunned.

I slowly sit up, so that I can look him over more closely. Laying there is a seventeen year old boy with slightly pale skin, shortened dark brown hair, made from the silver burns he received from Ace Summers last spring, and finally his face. That face that is looking so peaceful right now with sleep, that baby like face that now has a thin line of brown stubble lining his chin, and his face that has the pair of slightly pink lips that to me haven't changed one bit from my dreams, or my past.

All throughout the past year and ten months I have always tried to imagine what Luka may look like, but now that I see him I just can't believe it, he looks a million times better than I thought he would. I think to myself, then my eyes shift down to where my hand was only a few moments ago. Luka is wearing my brothers winter jacket like I thought he was but he's got the zipper all the way down, the surface that my hand was rubbing up against was Luka's bare chest.

Luka then stirs and then reaches one of his arms over and starts to explore my face, still with his eyes closed, I smirk. "Yes Luka, I still have my face" I say with a slight giggle, not being able to contain it.

Luka then opens his eyes and looks at me confused. "Sophie?" He asks me.

I give him a slight nod. "Yeah, who did you think I was?" I playfully ask.

"Nobody, it's just..." Luka starts, but then trails off as he looks at me and his eyes get all dreamy. "Wow, you sure do look great" He says, almost sounding like he's lost in a dream, and maybe he is.