Chapter 36

Previously, on Love bite. 

"Goodnight Luka. I love you."

"I love you too, Sophie Jane."

And just like that, I'm out like a light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Waking up from my nap with Luka about three hours ago, I decided to walk downstairs to my office. There, I have spent almost all that time reading up on the mark of the silver shield and Shelby's situation.

While walking into the living room, the gathering of Ruby Stone wolves didn't cause me any trouble, they just acknowledged me by bowing their heads respectfully. Out of my own respect, I did the same.

I am alone this evening. Luka woke up from his nap around the same time I did, but still being tired from the long battle, he fell back to sleep soon after I left our room, not even feeling like getting out of bed for a while. Not that I blame him.

Hearing Elliot's unforgettable chuckle, I smile, with my nose still stuck in this book. While I've been reading, the same cannot be said for Elliot. He's been in the living room, being an amazing host for the Ruby Stone wolves, and even reconnecting with some of his old pals.

Catching something interesting on the page, I read on. The book of marks is a hardback book with white pages and black letters. On each page, there is a drawing of that mark, along with everything we know about it so far. At this moment, I'm rereading the legend of the silver shield when my eyes caught a line of text, a line that I had forgotten about.

It reads. "Once a werewolf has attained this mark, it can't be harmed by another silver object."

Suddenly being snapped out of my thoughts by someone calling out for me, I bring my nose out of the book and listen. It doesn't sound like anyone I recognize, it must be one of the Ruby Stone wolves.

Walking back into the living room, I spot the wolf in question and walk over. He's a strong but kind looking man. His hair is black, his skin is lightly tanned, and his eyes are a dark brown, still a shade lighter than Luka's though.

"Yes, may I help you?"

"Yes, Alpha Sophie, my name's Jess," he says. "I was wondering, our new Luna hasn't been seen since bringing Alpha Ace up to her room. He's been gone a long time, we haven't heard anything and we're all worried. Do you think you can find Luna, we want to see her?"

He's so worried, I can feel it coming off him in waves, along with the whole pack, I nod.

"Yes, I bet I can find her," I reply. "Don't worry, I'll find out how he's doing for you guys, it shouldn't be that hard. After all, there're only a few places I know she would go at a time like this."

"Thanks, Alpha Sophie."

"You and your packmates sit tight for me, I'll be back in a while."

Walking past Jess, I start to go back upstairs, being careful not to make much noise and wake Luka up.

I decide to check in on my mate. From the other end of the link, I can feel he's on edge and a bit restless in his sleep. I must get to the bottom of this later. Though I may already have a guess. Luka's uncomfortable about Ace being on the same floor as him. Letting out a huff, I push those thoughts aside.

About halfway up the stairs, I start calling softly. "Shelby, Shelby," but no answer. I get to the landing and try again, this time just above a whisper. "Shelby. Shelby, where are you?"