Chapter 3 Safe at Home

Previously, on Love bite 

 "Understood Sophie" My aunt says in an understanding tone.

My ear than twitches again as the faint sound of trees and brushes rustling outside in the distance becomes even stronger and stronger by the second. "There isn't much time, you two need to hurry up and get going. Go! Go! Go!" I growl and my aunt and Shelby turn around and head back up the stairs.

As the sound of growling and snarling starts to become more and more recognizable from outside, I then walk back over towards the entrance that leads down into the bunker. Luka. Just get you and my uncle home in one piece, that's all I'm asking you for. I think to myself as I stand by the tunnel entrance, and wait for the situation at hand to unfold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now Luka

We are now about halfway to the house. The trees and bushes snap, and crackle as we run by, I don't know whether our lead on the two unknown wolves remains the same or not. Liam does. He's focused on that, but I'm focused on another thing entirely. Sophie's, rich, fresh vanilla scent is so strong now that it's intoxicating, and making my head spin with happiness. I may not be able to see the house, but I can for sure smell it, even from here.

"Luka, connect your mind link to mine' Liam commands with a slight snarl, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn towards him, nod, and do as I'm told.

Once I'm linked in Liam's voice speaks up. "Okay Sherry, go ahead, he's linked in."

"We've finished talking to Sophie, and explained our little situation to her" Sherry says.

"And what does she want as to do?" Liam asks her.

"Okay. Shelby and I will go around to the backyard, turn off the invisible fence, and open the doors to the escape hatch that leads to the bunker. So that way all Luka has to do is jump down into the tunnel, and into safety. Sophie said that should stop the unknown wolves in their tracks, and if it doesn't, she has said that and I quote 'it will not be pretty.'"

"Wait. Sophie's shifting in the bunker tonight, why?" Liam asks her.

This leaves me puzzled. Why would Sophie lock herself in the bunker on a full moon like to nights? She loved shifting outside and running around, did something happen to her to have her change that while I was away? I'll have to find out.

"I'll tell you tomorrow morning, now just come straight home" Aunt Sherry tells us, right before she cuts the link.

A few minutes later Liam and I come bolting out from the tree line and head towards the backyard just as fast as our paws can carry us. As we approach, I can see Aunt Sherry and Shelby standing by the escape hatch waiting for us, my breathing slows and my pace lessens feeling relieved that this life or death chase from Bloodstone Canyon is finally over. As I trot over I waste little time and head over to my destination, I don't even speak a word to Aunt Sherry or Shelby as I go by them, but I can see they have smiles on both their faces. I walk over to the bunker and stop. I turn and look towards aunt Sherry, she doesn't tell me anything but she mouths the words 'Go ahead, she's down there,' I nod and jump inside.

Once I'm inside the pitch black tunnel. I start to trot my way down, my legs just being happy for finally getting to rest after seven full days of non-stop motion. As I go down deeper into the tunnel, memories start to flood my mind. They're good memories, the only good memories I have of the bunker itself.