Chapter 13 Wake Up Call

Previously, on Love bite  

I then turn over towards Luka, and give him a short kiss on the lips. "Goodnight Luka" I say softly and sweetly.

"Goodnight Sophiejane, I love you" He tells me.

"I love you to" I tell him.

Then we relax, and as I starts to fall asleep Luka wraps his arms comfortably around my body. Just a few seconds later, we both fall asleep, listening to our bond fountain and watching the golden candle flame dance around the darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

A loud ear piercing howl wakes me from my sleep, and my eyes open. I look towards the window, and see that it is still mostly dark outside. I then look around the room confused. Why on earth would somebody wake me up at this time of the morning? I ask myself. Then something hits me. That howl was Elliot's, and right when I think that, I feel someone trying to connect the mind link, I pick it up. I don't even get the chance to say Hello.

"Sophie!" Elliot's voice all but shouts on the other end, he sounds frantic.

"Elliot, what's going on?" I ask, sounding worried.

"Well, the good news is, we've got Alex and we're on the way home. The bad news is, well..." He trails off, unable to finish. When Elliot trails off, I know it must be bad.

"Spit it out Elliot" I tell him.

"Ace is hot on our heals" Elliot says, my eyes go wide.

"Okay, I'll be at the meadow just as soon as I can" I tell him.

"We're about a mile away with Ace gaining on us, so you might want to hurry" He tells me.

"Copy that" I say as I disconnect the mind link

I then look towards Luka, and smile. He is looking so peaceful right now in sleep, but I can't go anywhere with his arm wrapped around me, not that I'm complaining, It takes me a moment before I am able to gently pry Luka's hand away and sit up, Luka stirs around for a moment but he doesn't wake up. I look back around towards him. "I have to go and take care of something Luka, but I'll be back. I love you" I whisper, as I give him a soft kiss in between the eyes. I then stand up and walk out of the room.

I walk over to Shelby's room but before I can open the door, she does it for me. "Good morning Sophie, Yes, I heard" Shelby says as she walks out of her room.

"Okay, then go to the pack hospital and tell the medical teams to be waiting on standby, I'm pretty sure that Alex or any of the others are going to need medical attention when they get back onto my pack grounds" I tell her as we go down the stairs, when we reach the bottom she gives me a nod.

When we come outside I shift and take off running towards the meadow, while Shelby takes off running towards the pack hospital. When I get into the forest, I connect the mind link to Keith to tell him the news.

"Keith are you there? They..." I'm cut off.

"We know, Elliot told us, and now I'm freaking out over here" He says, his voice sounding a little panicked. Wow, I would expect that tone more from Elliot, Cody, or even from Quinn, but never coming from Keith. But then again, this is his mate we're talking about, so why wouldn't he be panicking.

"Listen. Just try to keep your cool in till I can get there, I'm on my way" I tell him.

"I'll try Sophie" Keith replies before I cut the link.