Chapter 45

Previously, on Love bite.

"Goodbye our daughter," says my aunt, a single tear rolling down my uncle's face, but he wipes it away before anyone else can see it.

A few minutes later, we feel Shelby's connection fade as she crosses the main boarder line.

The destined Luna of Ruby Stone is finally home.

***

Now Sophie's Pov

As Luka and I reenter the house, a small group of pack members including Aunt Sherry, my uncle, Elliot, Keith, Cody, and a few others follow us inside, but just as far as the back door. My aunt takes a moment to turn the invisible fence back on. Shortly after Ace and Shelby took off, the rest of Ruby Stone gathered their things and headed home as well.

One by one they all hug him, shake his hand, or bow their head in submission and respect. I feel and see Luka relax as he gets used to the action. I feel my cheeks flush slightly and relax with him

Keith walks over to him, his hand outstretched. "And just when I was starting to get used to Sophie's rule, in the blink of an eye we have a new Alpha again," he chuckles. "You've proven yourself in my book, I'll follow you anywhere Alpha Luka."

Luka and I can both feel there's more that Keith wants to say but he doesn't, so we don't push it. Luka's hand meets his in a shake.

"Thank you, Keith. Now go to Alex, she's probably starting to worry," Luka replies, a slight smile spreading across his face

"Happily done, Sir." Keith looks towards my direction before he leaves. "See you later, Luna Sophie," he then smirks, "has a nice ring to it."

"Keith," Luka warns, "don't make yourself be the first one I have to put in their place."

Keith only smiles bigger. "Please. You've already beat my butt one time tonight already, I'm not stupid enough to challenge you again. Goodnight you two," he chuckles slightly again before walking out the front door.

As Luka watches him walk away, he gets an image of Alex in his mind, concern and uncertainty welling up inside. I turn towards him.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" He asks.

"It may take a long time, and she might not be one hundred percent," I reply fondly, "but with Keith there for her like I was and am for you, she'll be fine."

Something pings in my stomach again.

Elliot comes over to the both of us, not giving any eye contact. Luka and I can feel that he's nervous about something. If he were in wolf form, he would look more like a dog who's about to be scolded. Luka raises his brow, giving him a questioning look.

"Eliot?"

"I was just wondering, since you're the leader now, do I still call you Luka, or do I start calling you Alpha or Sir?" Elliot asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

In an instant, Luka response by wrapping an arm around Elliot's neck playfully and trying to wrestle him down like a little kid. Since the pack can tell this is for fun, no one is shocked by it. Well, except for Elliot, who was caught a bit off guard. Just as quickly though, he regains is bearings and starts to playfully resist, pushing back against Luka and trying to get out of his hold. I smile a little

"Elliot," Luka replies through the sounds of their tussle, "Alpha or not, you will still be the one thing you have always been." Luka makes sure Elliot's looking at him before he replies, he replies with a smile himself. "My brother."