Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart

Previously, on Love bite 

 I then walk over towards Shelby and put my arms around her neck, since odds are Luka and I will be asleep before she even gets home. As I do however, a chill runs down my spine, I break apart from Shelby sooner than I meant to.

Once Luka's done saying goodnight to Shelby, him and I walk out the door, but as we do, my mind starts to wonder.

How much do I really know about Shelby anyway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Listening to our footsteps make contact with the ground, Luka and I make our way towards the training center, him out in front and me on his flank.

Last night, Luka went to bed right after we got home and ate dinner, while I stayed awake, tossing and turning in the bed, wondering about Shelby. I know that pretty soon, I'm going to have to get to the bottom of what's going on between her and my Aunt, though when that time comes and when it's going to happen remains to be seen.

Around Midnight or so, I did end up falling asleep, it may not be as much sleep as I wanted, but I'm sure that it'll be enough to get me through the day.

Luka and I shift back into our human forms as we approach, the cold wind taking a bite out of my face. Unlike Luka, I can feel how cold the wind is as it fans out across my skin. For him on the other hand, well now at least, it feels like a fly landing on him, or so he tells me.

Not wanting my nose to get any redder, Luka takes the lead and opens the door. I give him a smile as I pass, thankful for the heat the inside of the center brings to me.

After a few moments, Luka joins me, I then turn on the light and look around. Like yesterday morning, we are the first ones here, or so it seems. Suddenly realizing I'm parched from the run over here, I turn towards Luka.

"I'm going to the kitchen for a bottle of water."

"Alright, I'll be here, in fact grab me one while you're at it, Sophie, would you please?"

"Sure thing, you just hang tight, my uncle will probably be here any second."

I walk over to the kitchen and enter in. As I do however, I'm greeted by a soft snore, or at least I think that's what it was, but it's so dark in here I can't see a thing. Feeling my way around, I walk over to where I know the light switch is and flip it.

Surprisingly when the lights come on, I find that I was right with my first guess. Right next to me, sitting in a chair with his head resting on the counter top Is Elliot, fast asleep and dead to the world at the moment. I'm shocked when I see him, has he been up here all night? I ask myself. I shake my head. No, that can't be, then I move closer.

I can tell just by looking at him that he has dark begs under his eyes. So he has been up here all night, but why? I ask myself. Then by looking in a nearby corner, I get my answer. In the floor of a corner to the right of Elliot's sleeping form are a few cardboard boxes of what looks like plastic bottles filled with an orange fluid of some kind.

I take in a sniff, it smells like my homemade electrolyte drink, I then look at the words on the sides of the boxes themselves. The first box says it once contained oranges. The second, celtic salt. The last, Calcium powder.

I then walk over to Elliot and gently shake him awake, Elliot, Elliot wake up," when his eyes open they're slightly blood-shot, but he still sleepily smiles at me.