Chapter 17 Preperation

Previously, on Love bite 

  "And it was a great idea" I tell him. "If anyone thinks otherwise about Luka's plan of attack, speak up now." The room goes silent, I cut my eye over towards Luka to find him smiling from ear to ear. Okay. We'll start training at dawn, until then you're all dismissed" I say.

So that was Luka's plan. I hope it works, I think to myself. Also I hope that Ace's situation doesn't reach the end result.   

-------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

I spent the rest of the day running around like a chicken with its head cut off, First off I had to go back to the Omega's house to pick my duffel bag up. When I got there Kevin and Kyle both greeted me, but Karl couldn't. That's because he was fast asleep on the couch. I didn't stay long, just long enough to find out from them that both the electrolyte drink and the leftover soup were now in the fridge. Before I left I gave them very specific instructions to avoid giving him much sodapop or any sugary drinks for that matter, at least until he gets better. I went on to tell them that when Karl did get thirsty to give him the homemade drink instead, they agreed. Before I went anywhere else I dropped the duffel bag off by the house, so that I wouldn't have to lug it around everywhere else I went.

Second. I got the urge to check up on Misty. She had done a complete 180 from the last time I saw her. Her eyes and skin were both brighter, her long black hair that seemed to have a bit of faint Misty gray in it looked shinier, even the blood soaked bandage wrapped around her belly was gone. She was sitting up with Colt hunched over, almost his whole upper body in her lap. Colt's shirt was removed, with Misty's hand soothingly running up and down the back of his shoulder, gently scratching over the surface of a mate mark. I tried to look, but I couldn't see the design. I stayed and talked with them for a little while, but for the most part Colt stayed silent, enjoying the attention he was getting from his other half.

The last thing there was for me to do, I had to finish that mountain of paperwork that I had put off for far too long by the end of the day. I've said it to people before, and I'll happily say it again. I hate doing paperwork, it's one of the other things I dislike about being the Alpha. It would've taken me all night if it was just myself, but luckily for me, my uncle, Cody, and Luka were there to help me out. Because of them the job went by three times as fast. It was a good learning experience for Luka. Since he is going to be taking over the pack from me soon, it was a great opportunity to show him what is to be expected.

I wake with a groan and my eyes flutter open. I look around, my visions blurry, but once it clears and I realize its daylight out, I gently but quickly shake Luka awake. He wakes with a groan, same as me. Luka's eyes then flutter open, and he looks at me with those dreamy dark brown orbs.

"Come on Luka, up and at'em. Training starts today" I tell him as I get up off the bed.

"Oh great. I just got done with one kind of training, now I have to start another" Luka says with a groan, sitting up in the bed.

"Well you're going to have to if we're going to have even a chance of beating Ace. Now get up, get your shower, and meet me and Shelby downstairs for breakfast" I command as I start to make my way towards the bedroom door.

"Alright" He says sleepily as he softly rubs his drowsy looking eyes, throwing the covers off of him and sliding out of bed as he does so.

Once I walk out of mine and Luka's room I walk over to Shelby's, unlike the usual times in the past when I've come up to Shelby's room, this time I find the door closed. I give it a knock. "Shelby" I call out, but no response. I knock again. "Shelby?" I try once more, but still nothing. This time instead of knocking. I gently grab hold of the handle, and twist.