Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack

Previously, on Love bite  

"Uh...okay" Luka says, getting up from the chair and following me.

"Bye Misty feel better soon. I'll try to come by and see you later on today, if I can" I call back to her, as Luka and I walk up the hallway.

When we get outside, I shift into my wolf and break into a running sprint towards home, and Luka follows.

"What's wrong Sophie, what's going on" Luka asks in a whimper, running at my side.

"I'll tell you when the meeting starts, it'll be easier that way" I reply back in a grumble, as we run on.

Luka doesn't know it yet, but this rivalry between us just got a bit more drastic. Not just for me, but for Ace as well, and one way or another this rivalry is going to end with this one final battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

It took them no time at all before all the pack members were pouring into my living room, of course they all had to greet me witch did take a little while. Now everybody's sitting around in every square inch of space in my front room, and waiting for me to get this thing started.

I look over towards Luka who's sitting on the couch beside me, before I look back and face all my fellow pack members. I need to tell them the first part of this whole thing in a way that sounds at least somewhat believable, because what I think is wrong with Ace sounds so unbelievable it can't possibly be true. What I am about to reveal is a long, dark secret only among Alpha's, and in all honesty. I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way, but when it happens to one of our own. It means for me, all bets are off.

I look back towards Luka one more time, I let out a sigh before turning back around, and speaking. "Hello everyone, thank you for coming" I start. "Okay first off, I was able to go to talk to Misty today, and yes, she did confirm that Ace is planning an attack on the Emerald Stone Pack, at the end of March when the last of the snow melts. We think he's coming to kill Luka and anyone else who tries to protect him, so that he can take me back for his own. Now..."

I'm cut off when gasps fill the room.

"Let him try it. If that Alpha steps one more foot on to our turf, Dylan and I will happily tear him to shreds" Art says through his gritted teeth.

"Yes, I'm up for it if Art is" Mia says.

"I do know one thing" Elliot says, getting up from the floor and sitting on the couch beside Luka. "I'm not letting that psycho lay another hand on my brother. If he wants to kill Luka and everyone who protects him so badly, then why don't we attack him first?" Elliot asks, there is an uproar from my living room of agreement.

If they only knew what is really going on, and I wish there was a way that I can get it across to them now, without making it sound like it came from my imagination. The uproar in my living room is starting to sound like a full blown riot, with some of the pack members getting up from the floor, shouting and pumping their fists into the air.

"Actually, I don't think..." I try to say to them, but I'm drowned out by the noise.

"Actually guys, I think..." I try once more, but I'm cut off again.

My anger boiling over, I then suck in a deep breath. "Quiet!" I yell throughout the room, all the yelling and shouting stops in an instant. "Thank you. Now those who were sitting before, please return to your seat on the floor so that we can get this ball rolling once again" I command, and they all obey. "Okay, good. Now then if y'all would have let me finish, you guys would've heard me say that I don't think Ace himself is doing this."