Chapter 34

Okay, this is just a heads up for everyone. This chapter isn't going to be like my others, how so you may ask? Instead of it being in Luka or Sophie's point of view, I thought it would be fun to do this one From Shelby's so that you guys can finally get inside her head. Keep in mind that, this is my first time doing Shelby. If she starts to sound out of character, let me know.

***

Previously, on Love bite.  

  I turn towards him to answer, my own voice dropping low.

"Besides the one from pack doctor training, this will be the first"

Smiling at him, I then add. "Hey, there's always a first time for everything."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Shelby's P.O.V

Closed off. For almost half my life, that's all I've been. Ever since the night I lost my wolf, I've tried to hide that side, the vulnerable side of me, so that I wouldn't be hurt again. I chose to be picky about who I let in, everyone else would be kept out.

It was only when I met Sophie for the first time, that I started being okay with who I was and with what I wasn't. I found a friend who I could trust, tell anything to, and not get stabbed in the back. Well, back then so I thought. When we would spend time together outside of Pack Doctor training, it felt like I didn't have to try so hard to hide my secret. A secret, which back then, Sophie only wished she knew.

Little did I know that Sophie was hiding her own secret, which to be honest I wasn't surprised by. We all have secrets. My view is if you don't have secrets, your life's pretty boring. That wasn't what bothered me about it, I just wasn't expecting the secret itself to be that big.

When the truth about who Sophie was and who she was to become finally came out, I was hurt. Hurt, not because she didn't tell me. I only told Sophie that later, so that I could Hide the real reason I was angry. I was hurt because it reminded me of the truth I was trying to hide. It felt like I got shot by my mother again, only this time, it was much worse.

When my other werewolf friends would find their own mates, deep wounds would open back up within me. Instead of telling them about this and opening up, I would always end up just smiling and congratulating them. Every time I did this, a huge hole would open in my heart because I thought I would never get a mate. Yet, here I am. Starring down the barrel of a loaded gun, about to do something I've always dreamed of doing. Marking my mate.

Snapping out of my thoughts by my mate's heart rate picking up speed, going even faster than it was previously. I walk over towards him, grabbing his hand and placing it gently in my own.

The sensation of the sparks shooting up my arm floods my body again, I don't know what to make of them still. This is all new to me. But unlike last time, I don't pull away, I just let the sparks flow for a few moments.

Letting out a sigh, I climb on to my bed, bouncing it a bit. Ace looks at me, his blue eyes lighting up slightly.

I have never met Ace summers in person, even while Sophie was dating him. Back then, whenever I would get wind that he would be in the area, I would always tuck tail and run the other way. I knew that wherever there would be Ace, Sophie wouldn't be far behind him. Just the sight of them holding hands and being happy together would be enough to make the pain in my chest worse.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Ace speaks.

"It's you," he says, his voice barely audible. "The one I've been searching for."