Chapter 30

Previously, on Love bite.

I already know I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

If Ace does make a move to try and kill Luka now, when he's at his most vulnerable, I'll be waiting.

I'll do everything in my power to keep my mate safe, and that's one promise I'll keep till the day I die. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

I watch outside our window as the sky slowly changes from a pitch black to a dull blue with shades of baby pink, I love watching the sunrise, even though I don't get to do it much anymore. If I didn't know any better, I would think this was just an ordinary break of dawn, but I do know better, Ace's warning is still as clear as day in my mind.

I look towards Luka, at least he still gets to sleep for a moment or two. Unlike me, Luka slept deeply all throughout the night, but he would stir every once in a while. At one point in the early morning, Luka was stirring so bad, that I actually had to wrap an arm around him to calm him, and that's how I stayed the rest of the morning.

Unwrapping my arm, I sit up and blink my eyes, after I rub the sleepiness from them, I get on the link with Chris.

"Any sign of Ruby Stone?"

There's a slight pause, I hold my breath.

"No, nothing yet, Sophie, but they'll be here soon, I can feel it."

I let that breath out.

"Alright, keep me posted and let me know if anything changes."

"Of course Alpha." I cut the link.

Suddenly a chill runs down my spine, and I get the feeling that I can't let Luka sleep for another moment. Slowly, I walk over to his side and shake him gently.

"Luka, Luka," I call out to him in a soft voice.

He doesn't wake, and for a moment, I think that he's so deeply into sleep that he can't be woken. He might be the boy that fell asleep and never wakes up, then Luka's eyes softly flutter open, like a pair of butterfly wings taking flight for the first time.

"Sophie," he says, his voice weighed down with sleep, but in my mind, I'm the one who feels sleepy.

Strange. I could feel the emotions I was feeling right up before Luka opened his eyes, I now feel tired, but I myself don't feel tired. For a moment, I try to wrap my head around what might be going on, and that's when it hits me. The mark.

Luka smiles at me and I can feel the warmth of that smile from his thoughts as it heats up my insides and warms my heart.

"Good morning," he says, then he pauses, and his eyes go wide.

I smile, letting him feel all the love I have for him in my thoughts. After a moment it sinks in for Luka what I already knew, we can feel each other's emotions.

"Sophie, I can feel your emotions, can you feel mine?" he then asks.

"Yes Luka, I can, and I know you're feeling sleepy, but you have to get up, today's the day we settle things once and for all."

Luka throws the covers off him swiftly and stands up, my eyes immediately falling on his newly marked shoulder. With his shirt off, I can see the outlined pattern as it goes along the surface of his skin. Instantly, I want to cry. It's the same pattern that Luka gave to me apart from the colors being reversed.