Chapter 5

At Scarlet's Apartment
Scarlet's Pov~

It's a beautiful Saturday morning; I just opened my eyes lying on my bed hugging my soft white pillows with my blanket covered over my body. I just looked out of my window which was shining with warm sunlight and it was a beautiful site to see. My room is very simple; it has white walls matching with my plain white bed which directly faces the window, giving me the perfect view.

Near to window there is a small rack to keep a few books which I am very much fond of. To the right side of the bed is my small closet and on the opposite wall I had placed framed photos. All the photos are sweet memories with my Dad, Mom and sister. Every morning I look at those pictures and remember my time with them.

I lost my parents in a car crash two years ago which had changed my life drastically. The only family left is my sister and she is just eighteen, studying in college. So this job which pays me so damn well is very important to me. I can easily support for her education and myself as well. I miss her very much and we often speak on phone during weekends.

After an hour I was ready and so went straight to the kitchen and there she was ......my bff Taylor Hope.

Taylor and I are childhood friends. Actually she is family, my angel who help me out in my entire crisis. I call her Lorry and she is very beautiful with oceanic blue eyes and wavy blond hair. She brought me here in New York along with her and I am living in her apartment which is a gift from her parents.

"Hey! Good Morning. I have prepared breakfast for us. Come let's have it, I am starving." She said quickly while taking the food outside.

"Good Morning Lorry. You prepared breakfast? Hmm ...I'll get the juice can out." I said looking at her surprised and helped her out.

The thing is that she is in a very happy mood which made me think something is definitely up with her. Besides this week it's my turn in kitchen. I guess it slipped from her mind. I'll remind her later.

........

We were having our breakfast together and suddenly my cellphone buzzed. I looked onto the screen and the caller was none other than MY BOSS so I quickly answered his call.

"Good morning Sir."
........
"Yes Sir."
........
"Ok."
.........
"See you at office."

Lorry was giving me a questioning look.

"What's it?" She asked looking at me.

"It was nothing just office stuff. Boss want's his breakfast to be brought to office and some work files to be prepared. That's it." I replied to her.

"Okay, I'll drop you off. And today I will be late home. So don't wait up for me." She informed excitedly.

"So that's why you are so very happy. You've got a date today. Aww..... So who's the poor guy?" I asked her teasingly.

"Ha-Ha! Very funny."

"Okay. No seriously. Who is it?"

"Well. That's a mystery. An admirer of mine kept a note with a rose flower bouquet on my table yesterday. The note mentioned to have a date with him today evening at a hotel."

"Wow! Wait. What if he is a serial killer or something?" I got panicked thinking about it.

"Scarlet you really need to stop watching too much of criminal mind episodes. You are overthinking. I'll be fine. Besides if something goes wrong I have my pepper spray with me as my help." She said reassuringly.

"Ok. Be careful." I sighed.
................

Mr. Pearce and I, we both arrived at the office at the same time. He headed to his office and I placed his breakfast on the table with a cup of coffee. Then entered my cabin, started looking onto my list of things for today. A Lot of work is to be done. Oh yes! I have to remind about his meetings.

At 10 am he had a small meeting with Mr. Kazuya Kanagawa. Though he is from japan he conversed with Mr. Pearce in English. Damn he was handsome too.

Then at around 11 am he had a meet with Mr. Arnold Shaw, Project Manager for hotel Starlight. They discussed regarding the new idea's laid out for the hotel.

After that meeting I was in my cabin, arranging files and going through some project documents when someone opened my door and came in without knocking. When looked up I saw a beautiful girl who must be around my age (I guess) was standing there in her elegant form with a knee length, off shoulder black dress. She has silky smooth wavy brown hair with a pair of honey brown eyes.

"Is Alex available in his cabin?" She asked me with a pretty smile.

I got up from my chair and just nodded my head with a smile in response.

"Nell!" Boss came and stood alongside her.

"Alex." She hugged him immediately and exchanged a few words.

I am kind of having a weird feeling inside and a few thoughts were running across my mind.

Like, who is this Nell?
Is she his girlfriend?
Or
Just a friend?
Definitely girlfriend!
Oh My God....! Stop thinking so much.

My boss interrupted my little train of thoughts by calling my name.

"Yes sir."

"I am going out for lunch. Make note of any important calls for me."

"Okay. Oh and I will arrange the board meeting for you. It's at 1:30."

"Make it at 2:00." He stated and left with her.

I sighed.

❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇🔹❇

Note: Above picture is of Taylor Hope.

Hey Guys,

So how is the above chapter?

If you like the story then hit the star icon and share my story to other's too.

Thank you!!!

Catheriene