Chapter 14

Scarlet's Pov~

It's a normal day today, I have my usual work that is to be done and boss is in a happy mode. He is busy with his document reading though.

It's been a week now, after that day in my apartment when he dropped me as I was ill since then he is different. He smiles, no mood swings and all happy. I have never seen him this way...so it kind of makes me think. Is something going on with him? What can it be?

What can be so major that he changed so drastically? Or is it some kind of a warning that in future something big is going to happen? Like a hurricane, it will sweep away all this happiness? Maybe, I am overthinking.

I pushed away all my thoughts aside and went out of the building to get some fresh air, also to grab lunch for boss. When I came back he was not there in his office. So I placed his lunch on the table and headed to the cafeteria for my break.

After taking a 30 minute break, I checked once again for him, to see if it all he had lunch or not. But still he isn't there. Strange he didn't inform me anything. I haven't scheduled any meeting for him today. Maybe something came up.

I was in my cabin preparing about his schedule when Vince came by. He was back after two weeks. I got up and came out across from the table and hugged him. He brought bouquet of red roses for me and I accepted it while thanking him.

V: "Hey, how are you?" He asked me with his usual charming smile.

S: "I am fine. When did you get back from California?"

V: "Yesterday. And it's a beautiful place though I missed you and NY more."

S: "Oh. And how was the work? Did it go well?"

V: "Yes. It went well. Scarlet, I.... just..."

He closed his eyes for a second and then he looked straight into my eyes.

"I missed you."

He came forward and held both my hands in his.

"I...I just...." He pulled me closer to him and holding me in place he kissed me.
I was in a paralyzed state.

Suddenly a punch landed on his right cheek and Vince fell on the ground.
I was snapped out from my state and gasped at the site in front of me.

Vince slowly got up from the floor holding his cheek and faced a very pissed off Mr. Pearce. He is raging with a shit load of anger.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Mr. Pearce asked menacingly with his piercing green eyes.

"I....I can explain. Please." Vince said while holding his hands in the air.

"You, Come with me." He said to me while grabbing my hand. Then pointed a finger at Vince and said,

"You, Leave right now and you are fired, OUT." He roared at him.

Mr. Pearce angrily dragged me along with him in his cabin. Why is he pissed? I should be the one pissed. I was right about the hurricane feeling
See it has come true.

As we entered his cabin he immediately closed and locked the door. Suddenly I was pushed backwards, my back was touching the flat surface of the wall beside the door and I stood there facing him with shock. I am unable to understand the situation and why he is being like this? He stood there clenching his fist then looked at me with an intense gaze and then seeing my state of reaction he softened a bit.

"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock.

"Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily.

"What? I... but...he... "

"Is he your boyfriend? Or did he pay you to be with him?"

He asked me annoyed by interrupting me.

Upon hearing those words coming out from his mouth made me lose my temper. I was bursting with anger and now it was my turn to react.

I instantly slapped him across his face.

"How could you say it like that?
I am not like other bimbo's who are dying to do anything for money. I certainly don't need to explain to you anything and I don't wish to work with you anymore.

Goodbye Mr. Pearce."

That said I opened the door and left him in a shocked state.
He deserved it and I don't regret my decision not even one bit. My self-respect is more important to me than this job.

DAMN HIM!

◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎

Hi!

What are your thoughts about this chapter?

Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Thank you all for your support and comments. Keep Voting, Commenting and Share my work if you like it.

Love,

Catheriene♡♡♡