Chapter 48

Alexander's Pov~

 "Woah...! This dude has way more security than our president I guess. I mean, come on there are so many of them." Baxter said while we all were walking inside the Knight's mansion along with few security guards.

Baxter was right because at every nook and corner there are guards stationed while set of guard members were also patrolling all over the place.

"Well, he is as important as your Mr. President." Max said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes at his words. Why would he be so important? Who is he anyway?

"This feels.... kind of like royalty. His highness is highly loaded. What business is he into?" Ray asked curiously while even I thought about it.

"I have no idea." I said with a sigh.

"Believe me you wouldn't want to know that. But I assure you once when you know it, you will be stunned/speechless/shocked..." Max was replying with enthusiasm but got interrupted.

"Okay boy calm down." Baxter said while patting his back.

We were made to sit at the main room of the mansion and were waiting for James. At that moment we were looking at the interior of the room. It was very elegant with expensive chandeliers hanging above, modern style interior with beautiful paintings on the walls and a very long staircase at the center leading upward and dividing into two ends. And there he was descending down through those long stairs looking like a ruling king.

"Alexander. Everyone...Please have a seat." He said with a nod as a greeting and sat down.

"Who are you? How did you know that Vince will get away?" I asked him.

"Hey Knight, we've got a problem. It's the Vasiliev's again." A tall foreign guy informed James. He had an accent same like Maximo. Italian...

James gave a sharp look towards the foreign guy and then closed his eyes, he was angry. Clearly we all could see his tensed state too. We just sat there silently, not interrupting their conversation and listening to whatever they were saying to each other. But Baxter's eyes widened and were tensed as well.

"Daryl was the one." The foreign guy said with disappointment.

"The traitor and let me guess...he is one of them now." James said while standing up.

The other guy nodded in response and then sighed. He looked at us and then back at James.

"We will discuss this matter after when our guests are gone. The rest of us have gathered and discussing about the issue."

"Yeah.... I will join you all after this meet." James sat back and apologized for making us wait.

"That was Mr. Marco Romero, the man who killed the famous mafia Severin Dioli. The Severin Dioli - who came here a few years ago to take charge in our country? Killed several Americans and they had set up base but Romero's wiped away all of them and took up their spot. One of the darkest times of America where several children were killed, women were raped, tortured while men were subjected as their slaves. Man it was a nightmare!" Baxter spoke up while Ray remembered that time and I also thought about it. Max was just sitting silently as he knew alot of things which we didn't.

"Yes." James said.

"So you...you Mr. James Knight... You are one of them...Mafia?" Baxter asked with curiosity.

"Yes." He simply replied calmly.

Ray and I, we both were surprised to know that he belonged to the mafia clan. Everything clicked together as to why he knew Vince will escape and he had very strong resources to capture him.