Chapter 22

Scarlet's Pov~

The car stopped moving and the driver came out to open the door for me. I stepped out and was amazed to see the person waiting near to the entrance of the Grand Restaurant.

He is 6 feet tall, has got shiny black hair kept in style, deep dark eyes which is now focused on me and he is looking all hot wearing a simple white shirt and black suit.

Right now he is standing in front of me with a huge smile and I just stood there in awe.

"Derek!"

Derek is mine and Taylor's best friend. We graduated together and then he had to go to Chicago for his dream job. Tonight I am meeting him after 6 months.

"Scarlet...You look stunning in this dress." I thanked him for his compliment and we hugged each other for a minute and then he guided me inside to the restaurant.

As the name suggests, this whole place is grand. Everything here looked way too expensive. But this guy, how come he is here? I have so many questions running in my mind.

We were taken to the top floor in a private section which is having a balcony with a beautiful view of the city and cool breeze was flowing inside the room.

"You didn't even inform me that you are coming here in NY. Instead you lied to me that you are busy with your work. That's so not fair!" I gave him a stern look and he chuckled.

"I wanted to surprise you. That's all. See... I get all these amazing reactions from you when I surprise you like this. I didn't want to miss it."

"Asshole"

"Chill babes. There is a major project which is to be handled by me. And I have set up one of the headquarters here for my work so here I am."

"Oh so you are here for work. Huh. And here I thought you missed us, so you came to spend some time with us. You're definitely an asshole."

"Hahaha, well yeah I did miss you guys so I chose this location. So...
hey, I heard you are working for Pearce Industries.

Mm....I also saw some pictures of you on Hot News. Well, are you dating that guy?"

"No...It's false news."

"Oh Okay!"

"So did you meet Taylor?" I asked him so that he doesn't ask me further on Mr. Pearce and me.

"Hell yes. I surprised her too and she invited me over for today's event. Tessa is awesome for organizing such events. And I must say...

You look... beautiful today. I mean... you are beautiful but...in this dress you look more beautiful." He said in his low husky voice while looking straight into my eyes.

My cheeks turned pinkish and once again I thanked him for his compliment with a smile and a gentle nod. Though he is attractive and all but I am not having any, that kind of feelings towards him. I see him as my best friend and that's it.

"Hey, I am staying at a hotel so can you suggest me some place where I can have an apartment of my own. I am here for this whole year."

I looked up at him and grinned.

"Yes. There's a perfect place for you. The room next to us is a vacant one so you can check it out. We'll be neighbors then." I suggested him and then we decided to meet up the landlord tomorrow after my work.

Once our dinner was done, Derek and I got back to the charity event. We met up with Taylor and her parents. The event was still going on with few activities and some of them were in the food counter to fill their stomach.

Suddenly someone grabbed my left hand and was dragging me away from the place. It was Mr. Pearce and he was holding my hand with pressure. I tried to pull my hand away from his tight grip but it was paining and of no use.

"Mr. Pearce. Leave my hand. Please."

No response.

He is not even looking at me and kept on dragging me ahead till we reached near to his car and pushed me in.

What is wrong with him?

I don't understand.

Tears formed in my eyes due to the pain and I was angry as well.

This is not the way you treat a girl.

Damn him!

◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎○◎

The above chapter is dedicated to

UrvigadaUrvi,Iwanttolivemylife,
NupurJoshi9,baby236,FerBeltran509,Ajayimary123,AngelTamanna876,
_LOLITSME,silvia0831😊😊😊

Thank you to
kikigibbs ,ayaybieber,
FloxyBlings1234 ,bellasubteniente,
JanHLD,Vinitha1993 ,
SrijanaAdhikari6 ,SakshiShah327,
Shamorie13,silvia0831,
Faizankhanpbn for adding Mine Forever in your read list.😊😊

And also thank you...to all those reader's, who are regularly reading and voting my work.

Love you all!!! 😘😘😘😘

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!

Hope you all are enjoying while reading my work.

V.S.C!!!!

Note:Picture above is of Derek.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥