Chapter 39.

Alexander's Pov~~

"Morning..." She greeted me with a warm smile.

"Morning Dove."

"Your coffee...
I have kept few documents for proof reading in your right draw." She gestured towards the draw.

"Okay so we have a lot of work today.
Firstly, I got a call from an important client. They are from Chicago and have a new project for us which are really huge. A meeting is fixed on Friday with them in one of our hotel i.e. Hotel Paradise. Please make a note of it."

"Ok done."

"We need to call a meeting today with all the head of the departments to discuss all issues and concerns if they have any. Keep the meeting at eleven."

"Okay."

"Are there any other meetings for today?" I asked her while checking few important work details on my phone.

"No Sir."

"Ok. Good."

She made a few notes in her dairy and then asked me,

"Have you got any gift for Ashton yet?"

"No. Have you?" I asked her, she nodded in response and then I remembered she had gone out for shopping with Estelle that day.

"What did you get for him?" I asked with curiosity.

She smiled and said,
"Oh it's just a simple gift. You will see it later in the evening."

"Oh come on, just tell me now."

"No... Now if you may please excuse me. We have a lot of work to do today." That being said she winked at me and left my cabin. Damn her.

After all the meetings and proof readings and few other works I decided to think about Ashton's gift.
Thinking of all the possible things that he like, I finally got a perfect gift for him. Oh he'll just love it.

While at lunch time I was with Dove and Ray at the Reney's.

We were in between a conversation regarding Ashton's Birthday and right then I got a call from Cherry.

Cherry: "Hi Alexi!
I wanted to ask you something. Can I?"

Alex: "Yes."

Cherry: "Can I come for the Birthday Party in the evening? I want to feel good and be around people. Feel normal. You know...rather than sitting inside a four walled room."

Alex: "But... "(She interrupted me)

Cherry: "I know there will be press and they might make a huge hype about us. But we will give a statement that we are friends now and everything is good between us. Most importantly I want to feel normal and happy. Please Alex."

Alex: "Ok."

Cherry: "Aww...Thank you. Please do come to pick me up. I am so excited!
See you in the evening bye."

I ended the call.

"Who was it?" Ray and Scarlet both asked together at the same time. They both looked at each other and then looked at me for my reply.

"Cherry." I replied with a calm tone.

"What does she want now?" He asked.

"Well, she wants to attend today's party and I gave her permission for it."

"What! Why? Are you out of your mind?" He asked me angrily.

"Ray, I'll take care of everything nothing to worry much."