Chapter 49

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

Scarlet's Pov-

"I think it's best if I resign from the post of PA. What do you think?" I asked Lorry with a thought.

These past days were such a hell of a ride with being kidnapped by Vince and all the revelations about his family being in Mafia that I was completely baffled. The day when I returned home I was relieved to feel safe again but somewhere deep down I was still scared.

Something bad will happen, he will come again to take me away, Alexander will leave me due to misunderstandings, all of them will hate me because I am with Vince but they are unaware of the fact that he kidnapped me once again, I am trapped and I want to go home.

These were the thoughts that constantly came up into my mind all the time. Giving me horrible nightmares, waking up in the middle of the night, crying like a little baby...so scared that I cannot handle it. If Alexander wouldn't have been there with me during those nights, I don't know what I'll do or how I will manage to calm myself down. I love him so much, I love all of him.

I can't live without him and I realized during those times when he patiently rocked me back and forth in his arms and kissed me on my forehead while gently caressed the side of my head. Saying soothing words into my ears so that I forget all the scary thoughts and worries. He even started working from home rather than attending office. Meetings were canceled or got postponed. It was all done for me so that he can be closer to me and take care of me. It's a huge thing for me because this person adores his work more than anything. He worships his work and now he is adjusting and compromising it for me.

***********************************

Flashback

Two days ago,

"Hey, you don't have to do this. I am fine, besides Estelle and Sera are here to take care of me. You need to get back to office. I don't want your work to be hampered because of me and all those employees depend on you and your success. I know how much you love working..."

He interrupted while pulling me towards him and said,

"I love you more. You are more important to me. Losing a contract won't affect me or my employees in any way. I can always win a deal and make millions and provide job to people, heck that's why I am a CEO. But if I lose you then I won't be able to get another you ...........because you are irreplaceable to me.

I lost you once but it will not happen again....no matter what, I will find you Dove...I will find you because you know what? You've got my heart period.

Though I wanted this to be done at the right moment but I think I can't wait anymore longer and I need to do it right now."

He looked into my eyes more intently and I was confused.

"I never knew I will ever fall in love all over again. Being heartbroken once was enough for me and so I had sealed my heart from any kind of emotions to affect me. Yes work was the only thing I did very sincerely and I loved it. But that was a distraction, kind of hiding myself and that was my world, a safe zone. But it changed when you entered into my world."

I smiled remembering our first meeting.

"You slowly, unknowingly made a spot for yourself in my heart. A genuine one with loads of patience you tolerated all of my bullshit behavior. I guess I was so pissed off because you affected me in lot ways. Your face, your eyes, your smile, your habits....it was like you were always there on my mind. I missed you so much during when I am away from you or when I am home, thinking all about you."