Chapter 16

Alexander's Pov~

It's been a week now and I am having sleepless nights ever since she left the job.

I even tried to keep several people as my PA for temporary basis. But none of them could handle the pressure of work neither they were having the ability to do things the way she did.

Damn I missed her every single day.
The way she smiles while conversing with the other employees, the way she holds the end of the pen between her pearly white teeth, while going through certain important documents. The way she looks up at me when I enter her cabin. I like it when she brings lunch for me. I just.... simple things done by her do matter to me a lot.

I still don't know how to bring her back. I tried to call her but she never answered it. I tried to meet her but she was not willing to. Then how am I supposed to bring her back if I am not able to meet or talk personally with her.

Then Taylor informed me that she took up the job at Maccoy's. New environment, good pay and Dave is taking care of her very well. But I don't want her to work anywhere else but only for me.

So after a lot of thought I decided now that I am going to meet her at her new office. If she is not willing to come with me then I am going to drag her to my office.

○●○●○●○●○●○

"Good Mor..." She was surprised at my arrival and right now is standing in front of me with wide eyes.

"Good Morning Miss. Reeves." I acted professionally in front of her but internally it feels good finally meeting her.

"Good Morning Mr. Pearce. How may I help you?

If your here to meet Mr. Maccoy, I'm sorry to inform you, he is not available today. But I can arrange a meeting for you and..."

"Scarlet. I am here to meet you."

"Oh." She said and I can see it, she is still angry at me.

"Scarlet. I know you do not wish to work with me anymore but as per the policy and regulations you have to serve a notice period with us. I am not approving your on spot resignation."

"You came here, all the way from your office to tell me this? I think there is more Mr. Pearce...something important....like an apology."

"I shouldn't have reacted that way and I hurt you for which I am really sorry. I apologize for my actions and it was not my intention but I was angry with what I saw." I said from the bottom of my heart and I could see a little shine in her eyes.
Tears were welling up but she controlled it.

"I... umm... I can't come to work with you. I have already signed up a contract with Dave." She said while thinking about it.

"I'll double your pay. Just rejoin with us." I said and then I saw her scowled face.

"Mr. Pearce you..."

"No. It's not in a wrong way.
I offered you a double pay because you deserve it. You are hardworking and efficient enough for the tasks that are given to you. That's it."

"I will think about it." She said after a minute.

"No. You have to decide it right now."

"What...Now? I... okay fine. I will rejoin."

"Great. Then we are leaving right away. You can pack up your things; mail your resignation after you reach office. I will wait for you down." I informed her and headed down.

I am so happy; she is coming back with me. I knew she will accept my offer and apology. Besides working with Pearce Industries is a big opportunity as it's the leading company in NY. While Maccoy Industry is just a competitor, they are not ranked among the top industries yet.

She came down with her things and we entered into my car and left.

We together entered into the office, got into the elevator and waited for our floor. I quickly stole a glance at her and in between every 10 mins. She stood at the left corner while I stood at the right. When people were entering from the other floors I moved and stood beside her. I didn't want anyone crushing her like last time and hence I always make sure to stand next to her. I should really change the team working on my private elevator as it still seems to have some issue. When we reached our floor, I waited for her to first step out and then followed her. She went into her cabin and resumed her work, while I went inside my cabin and rested on my chair.

Now I feel like a huge weight is lifted off from my shoulders.

It's great to have my PA back and I smiled while thinking about it.

Felt like I won a battle!

◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎

Hope you like it!

Keep reading!  

V.S.C!!

Thanks to all the readers.

Catheriene♡♡♡