Chapter 8

Scarlet's Pov~

I was home, waiting for the press issues to get resolved.

Sitting at home doing nothing is really boring, so I started changing channels on TV when something caught my eye.

It was an interview with Mr. Alexander Pearce, CEO of Pearce Industries.

Interviewer: Larissa Leighton

Larissa: "Welcome to the morning Prime News.

Today we are honored to have the presence of Mr. Alexander Pearce in our prime time news.

Mr. Pearce. Welcome to our Prime time news."

Alex: "Please Larissa. You can call me Alexander. And thank you."

She gave a gentle smile to him.

Larissa: Alexander we heard you are having a big project on due this month. Hotel Phoenix is the one right? So how is it going?

Alexander: "Yes. We are in talks with an overseas client regarding the model of it and it's in progress."

Larissa: "I wanted to ask you regarding recent news which was a huge sensation.
You were having two dates at one day. It was kind of a heated one.
Do you want to comment on that?"

(I was in full attention now and was keen to hear what he is about to say to this.)

After a brief pause he faced the camera and calmly said,

Alexander: "Well. Yeah. Actually it was not a date.

Both were an official meeting. As you all know, Nell is my best friend and co- owner of The Highland Group.
So there is nothing going on between us.

That day we were just discussing about a few work matters."

Larissa: "What about the second one then?"

Alexander: "That was also a visit to one of my hotel for routine visits which was an official visit with my PA."

(I took a deep breath. It's the truth. It was just an official visit.)

Larissa: "Oh so she is your PA.

Now as you already cleared that Miss. Nell is just your best friend and nothing is going on between you two. So is there any chance that there is something between you and your PA.
Are you both dating?"

She asked him curiously with wide suspicious eyes.

Alexander: "No Larissa. We aren't, besides Scarlet is my PA. We have only professional relationship. That's it."

(Yeah right. I'm just his PA. We should only have a professional relationship.
Why would he date me? Argh!

Wait. What!

Why am I thinking about a date with him? Also I'm angry with his statement. Damn him.

I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened my eyes landed on his perfect face on TV. He is looking so damn good. Handsome as hell and when he looks up at the camera, it feels like he looking at me too. I feel like... he just....looks only at me and no one else.

I got lost in his thought's...)

Larissa: "Okay. So moving ahead we heard that Miss. Cherry Antonio is back in town with her husband. As we all know you both were in a long term relationship but due to certain reasons you both parted ways in a nasty way. So have you both buried the hatchet yet? Or ..."

(I perked up again, who is Cherry Antonio?)

Alexander: "I don't want to discuss about it. If you have questions related to my work you are free to ask. I would request you to kindly exclude questions related to my ex and personal affairs.
I like to keep my personal things as private."

(His face is showing a hard expression. Eyes are piercing in anger but he is trying to suppress his anger. Why? What had happened between them?

Why should I care? What is wrong with me? Why do I want to know about him? Keep calm and sleep it off. )

Turning off the television, I directly headed towards the kitchen.
Made some hot coffee for myself and sat near the window.

I blocked all the thoughts about my boss and tried to enjoy my self-made hot coffee.

❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇⭐❇

Note: Picture above is of Scarlet Reeves

Hi Beautiful Readers,

Hope you all are fine...

Hit the likes if you like this story.
Share your thoughts about it as well.

And recommend my work to your friends if you like it.

Catheriene.