Chapter 43.

Alexander's Pov~

Flashbacks..

(Note: While sitting in the car along with Max he thinks about all of the below flashbacks.)

Our First Meeting~~~~

I was heading to my cabin when I saw Maddie standing along with Scarlet....My new Personal Assistant.

"Sir, she is here." Mrs. Madeleine informed to me.

"Good morning Miss Reeves. Welcome to Pearce Industries. As a start you can get a coffee for me. All the rules and tasks will be informed to you by Maddie. Maddie, do show her office and introduce her to what she has to do. And after that you can come to me, i will give you, well your rest of the day tasks."
I said all these things without looking at her because I was checking an important update from one of my client but I got no response from her.
So I looked up at her and said,

"Miss Reeves I didn't receive an
answer from you."

"Yes Sir." She answered me obediently. But the instant I looked at her I was mesmerized with her eyes. Those electric blue eyes and her beauty were intriguing me. But I quickly averted my eyes off her and said,

"Good. You both may go now."
*******************************

Our First Elevator Ride Together~~~

It was our first time to ride the elevator together. I asked her to accompany me to one of my hotel for official purpose. My private elevator was having some technical issue and hence it is under construction so we are using the other elevator for the time being.

We entered into another elevator and he pressed the ground floor button. But the elevator was stopping in between for other people to enter and the space inside were getting smaller and smaller as a lot of people got in. Now it's packed and we were unable to move. The people entering were all managers and clients not the employees as employees used a separate elevators on the other side of the wing.

Suddenly Scarlet got pushed by some idiot and landed onto me and we were in close proximity. She was facing me and I instantly held her in my arms to keep her steady. I don't wanted her to get hurt so gently I placed her head over my left shoulder and kind of hugged her in a protective stance. The moment I held her in my arms I felt a connection. I felt a jolt.
I wanted to protect her and hold her like this forever. I could feel her body stiff right now and she was trying to calm her nerves down. Her eyes were closed for a moment as she took several small deep breaths.

Finally the elevator stopped at the ground floor and people walked out of it. She too stepped out of my hold and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. And then we both silently walked out of the elevator. But I could still feel that warmth of her body on mine.

************************************
Saying Sorry For the First Time in My Life~~~

I was so mad seeing my ex-lover that all my anger was lashed out on Scarlet that day at office. I troubled her so much with shit load of extra work. She tolerated my bad behavior and had stressed her out.

Later on, it was Ashton who made me realize that I did wrong. It was unfair and she didn't deserve to be treated like that. She was my best employee.

As soon as I realized my fault, I mentally started preparing about how to apologize to her and called her inside my cabin.

But the problem was...I just...I didn't know how to say the "Sorry" word to her. That word was foreign to me and I felt too damn difficult. It was just one word.
Yet I couldn't!