Chapter 6

Scarlet's Pov~

Boss came back from his lunch date with Miss. Nell or whatsoever.

We then held the board meeting at 2:00, all members were seated and were discussing about important matters which only they could understand with each other. For me their discussions were boring, I had to take notes of certain points given by the directors which are to be looked over or taken care of.

While sitting there in middle of the meeting my thoughts drifted off to Nell and my boss.

Well she was looking so gorgeous in that black dress. And she had a charismatic smile. She is so.....Beautiful. Damn I bet she is his girlfriend. Well they look good together.

Well why am I even thinking about her?

What is wrong with me?

"Scarlet have you made a note of everything?" Mr. Pearce asked me breaking my train of thoughts. By now meeting is over and he is walking out of the room.

"Yes. I will draft it to you immediately." I replied while walking beside him and then headed back to my cabin.

I started to draft the notes and mailed it to him. Then we were busy in our work but I also informed him about the visit to his Hotel. Suddenly boss came over to my cabin.

"Scarlet I want you to accompany with me to the Hotel Paradise so be ready in five minutes." He just stated and left.

"Okay." I replied to his command.

After five minutes he came back to my cabin and we walked together towards the elevator.

This is our first time to ride the elevator together and also visit to one his hotel for official purpose.

I am excited about the hotel visit. It's said that Pearce Industries Hotels are worldwide renowned for its quality of food served as well as the beautiful modernized interiors giving a satisfactory feeling to visit their place. I am getting a free chance to see it now as an official visit.

The private elevator used by Mr. Pearce is having some technical issue and hence it is under construction so we are using the other elevator for the time being.

We entered into another elevator and he pressed the ground floor button. But the elevator was stopping in between for other people to enter and the space inside were getting smaller and smaller as a lot of people got in. Now it's packed and I am not able to move. This is not what I was looking forward to. Why the hell people are using this particular elevator at this time of the day when the boss is inside with me? Aren't they nervous to be with their boss in such a confined place? I wondered but I got the answer to it. The people entering are all managers and clients not the employees. Apparently, employees use separate elevators on the other side of the wing.

Someone suddenly pushed me towards Mr. Pearce and now I'm facing him, we are in close proximity.

I was pressed onto him and he just held me in place. He gently placed my head over his left shoulder and kind of hugged me. I inhaled his scent and he smells so damn good. Shit!

My heart started to beat irregularly. This elevator ride is making me somewhat dizzy and now I am all heated up.
Don't know about him but I definitely feel ....nervous as hell while being in his arms. This is insane.

Finally the elevator stopped at the ground floor and people walked out of it. I stepped out of his hold and tucked a hair behind my ear.

We both silently walked out of the elevator. His car was waiting outside for us, so we got in and headed to the hotel.

The car ride to the hotel was also a silent one.

God my heart will explode now.

Why? Why do I get stuck in such situations with him?

I was giving him a side way glance in between and he was sitting in a very relaxed form.

Maybe it's only me who is right now overthinking about this.

Well yeah, just keep cool and its work time so just focus on your job.

I made myself clear about it and looked outside of the window and took a deep breath.

After a while,

Boss and I were entering into the Hotel, the manager came and greeted us and lead us to his office. Mr. Pearce looked into the documents and was discussing few matters with the manager. I just patiently sat on a chair and waited for him.

Then he decided to sit in the main area and ordered wine for us. He was examining all the arrangements, staff behavior, customer service, managerial sections of work as well as customers response towards everything.

"Scarlet" I quickly looked up and saw Lorry standing beside me. We both were surprised to meet each other here... of all places!

"Um...am I interrupting something?" She asked us mischievously.

"Yes. No." We both responded immediately together and then looked at each other.

"Lorry this is my Boss, Mr. Alexander Pearce and Mr. Pearce, this is my friend Taylor Hope." I quickly introduced them with each other and gave Taylor a look as a signal to go. She gently nodded as a response, said goodbye to us and left.

I released a sigh of relief for now because I know, later she is going to bombard me with a lot of questions once when I am home.

Boss seemed to be in a good mood now. But I was feeling weird because people in here are all staring at us. Especially, women who are currently giving me death glare. Can you believe it? What did I do?

"Are you hungry? We can order the specials if you would like to have something now." He asked me politely and I was quite surprised with his attitude.

"No. I am fine." I replied hastily as I just wanted to get out of here.

We said our goodbye's to the manager and headed back to office.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Note: Above picture is of Nell Lawrence.

Hi,

What do you think about the above chapter?

Thank you to those who read and supported me for work. 

Catheriene !