Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to eliivaruzsan.

Thanks for voting as well as adding Mine Forever in your read list!

°◎°◎°◎°◎°◎°◎°

Scarlet's Pov~

I was sitting outside in the open area at Reney's, thinking about Alexander. The handsome guy who usually takes up the order, came by and sat along with me.

"Are you having a Rough Day?" He asked me genuinely.

I gave a small nod as a reply without looking up at him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me and this time I looked up at him like.... seriously?

He held up both his hands in the air and said,

"Oh yes. I know. Why would you talk about it with a stranger? Right..... So let's play a simple game okay."

Are you kidding me? I am upset here and he wants to play games. What is wrong with him? I thought to myself.

"Now it's game on.
As a stranger I am standing at the start.

Level 1- Introductions....

Hi, my name is Ray Smith, owner of Reney's and Reney is my wife's name.
This place is dedicated to her.

And please may I know your lovely name Miss?"

He is the owner of this place. Damn. I was surprised because I thought he work here as I always see him taking up the orders every time when I come here.

"It's Scarlet...Scarlet Reeves." I said while we shook our hands.

"Scarlet, PA of Alexander Pearce, CEO of Pearce Industries. I know that." He said smilingly

"Right....." I said and a small smile crept across my face.

"See. Level 1 completed. Now,

Level 2 - Will you be my friend?"

"Yes." I immediately replied as I found him as a very nice guy.

"Great! Let's have a friendship celebration. Game over.
Would you like to have some hot chocolate?"

"I would love to." I replied with a smile and he called out to one of the worker named Abby and she brought two cup of hot chocolate for us.

"So are you feeling better now? What happened?"

"Yes and I love hot chocolate. It's heaven." I really felt good being here so I sat there for a while talking with him.

"I'm glad you smiled again. You have a beautiful smile Scarlet. So tell me why you were so upset?" He said while having his cup of hot chocolate.

"I... I saw my boss kiss someone today at his cabin. And I... feel hurt. I don't know why it affected me. He is my Boss.....So why? He can be with anyone and do anything. Why should it affect me?

I am upset with what I am feeling or what I felt that time, as to why I feel like that. I don't know." I said while thinking about it.

"Alexander kissed someone? As far as I know he is not dating anyone right now."

"I don't care about that. I am confused and unaware of what's happening with me. That's the problem."

"And that's something called as being jealous."

"What!!! No.... I am not jealous. Why would you say that?"

'Well, just tell me this, when you saw them kissing did you feel a sting inside you? Bit anger?"

"Yeah.... I think so. So what? I already told you, I felt hurt."

"That's exactly what I said, you are jealous that he kissed her.
But it's not necessary that what you see is always true."

"What do you mean?"

"Let me tell you this.
It may happen that you got in at the wrong timing. Maybe it's the other way around, she must have kissed him and you thought he kissed her.

So you should check with him. In fact he himself would tell you what had actually happened that time.

Because the Alexander I know, never does any sort of things in his office. His cabin is a very sacred place."

My mind was processing all the things regarding what he has said just now. There is a possibility that she kissed him and I took it in a wrong way. Thinking in that way I am feeling a bit relieved. Then again, why?

Does that mean? Oh no!

"Oh yes Scarlet. You are developing a crush on him. You like him." He said while laughing, like he read my mind.

"I do not." I said with objection but my heart is speaking different.

"Hahaha.... It's okay. I can understand your feelings right now. You are really a beautiful person.....Perfect for him. You will soon get him whipped."

"Umm... Thanks! I guess. But no thank you. I don't want to."

"Why so?"

"Because..... He is my boss and there is a big difference between him and me in all ways."

"Well. Let's see. Expect the unexpected." He said and winked at me.

I smiled at him. It was then that I noticed him. He is a charmer too and looks almost similar like Alexander. Yet he is so very different.

He is tall like a model, have chocolate brown eyes and dark brown hair. He is lean yet has a fit muscular body.
I must say, he is as hot as Alexander.
I blushed at this thought.

But wait. He said he knows Alexander. How?

"Hey, how do you know my boss so well?"

"We both are practically like brothers. We were together since high school. Together in college, did our business together but I left it to run this place."

"Oh. Wow.
Umm so where is your wife?"

"I lost Reney a year back. It was a car accident." He said and I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"I... I am so sorry. I didn't know it."

"No. It's okay. I know." He gave a sad smile.

"You know what? Even I lost my parents in a car accident. Two years ago."

"Oh. So I guess we both have one thing in common. Lost important people in our lives and we miss them often."

We both nodded and then smiled together.

"I guess it's time for me to leave now.
It was nice talking with you.
Ray, thank you." I said looking at him with a smile and we both stood up.

"We are friends now, you are welcome and if next time if you need anything, approach me anytime. I am always here." He gave me his charismatic smile.

I waved a bye to him and crossed across the street towards the office building feeling a bit nervous.

Nervous because I have to face my boss now and I've got a crush on him.

No, I will ignore all those feelings.

God! I hope I can handle this.

Please ....help me.

°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°✩°

Note: The picture above is of Ray Smith.

Keep Voting, Sharing and Commenting.

Thankyou!