Chapter-3 {Fragile}

From her frown to smile; from morning to night, she was given an entertainer she didn't need.

Aryan was a pretty nice boy; cordial, jovial and total flirt. Last bit did irk Nandini the most. It seemed like she was provided with a diversion so that she didn't wander around much.

She didn't see that bandanna boy again since that day. She couldn't get his words, gaze and face off her mind completely. It wasn't like he interested her but he had become a subject. Nandini didn't stress over it much.

"Here's a pretty rose for pretty lady," Aryan offered her a rose. She took it with a plastered smile. She did appreciate his sweet gestures, it's just he wasn't someone or something which could actually prove to be a good distraction. They were going for a prayer meet. It was an event held for endorsing peace and harmony by the order there. Nandini wasn't very keen to be a part of this drama, especially after what she saw last time she had stepped out. But she being daughter of minister was expected to be there.

Sunny day, after so many days sun had bestowed some warmth on them.
Walking along Aryan as her mother was busy accepting hospitality of officers, she looked at a large crowd in front of them. People who wanted peace; people who were fighting for peace and people who were selling peace; all were in same arena.

She walked through the crowd as guards paved the way for them. She finally saw some warm smiles as she smiled at those kids. They did return it.

"Lieutenant has arranged the best feast ever for this meet," Aryan drew her attention back. She smiled thinking how these people deserve a little reinforcements.

"Well, I am happy that today they would be eating well at least," she elated.

"Oh them! They would get their basic diet," Aryan told.

Nandini frowned listening to him.

"Aren't you one of them?" She asked bluntly.

"I am Lieutenant's favorite, my lady," He bragged.

Nandini looked away before he could notice her displeasure.

"I don't want to be a part of this," Her mind thought aloud. As she rolled her eyes, her gaze caught a familiar face. The Bandanna boy, he stood there looking at her coldly, not even trying to move his gaze away as she looked at him.

Dirty shoes, rough jeans and an old jacket; he stood there firm. He was one of them. Beside him, stood a beautiful girl faintly smiling at Nandini. Nandini smiled back at her and again looked at that boy who saved her the other day. He had nothing to offer her except for those piercing frore gazes.

They walked past him and Nandini couldn't help but turn around to see him. Aryan looked in that direction and told, "They are mere commoners."

He slightly supported Nandini's shoulder to make her walk quickly. Nandini didn't miss to look at that bandanna boy before turning. He didn't take his eyes off her.

Nandini sat next to her mother and Aryan stood beside them. As Lieutenant delivered an utterly nonsense speech, Nandini was lost in her thoughts and trying to find the bandanna boy in the crowd.

"He is one of them, one of commoners. How come I never saw him before in the town?" Her mind did the thought parade.

"Nandini, you cannot practically know everyone in town." She answered her own query.

"Who was that girl beside him? The way she stood beside him, it looked like they are related. Why are you even thinking so much, Nandini? He clearly despise5 you as much as majority does here," Nandini put a break on her running thoughts.