•| TEASER |•

*****************

"Go away, Nandini. Go away before I end up hurting you," He warned but his eyes told another story. She smiled meekly and he looked less agitated. Her hand raised to caress his pained skin, a pain which saw no wound but ached bad. Her fingers met his temple and she knew that wall had started to melt down. He sighed deep. She saw his eyes relaxing as if his soul was warming up after a long cold night but then they transitioned into something so dark that she quivered. He held her hand in a stinging grip and jerked her away ruthlessly.

"I don't need your pity," He yelled mercilessly and she gaped him in disbelief. For a moment, it felt like she didn't know him.

**************

_______________________________________

***************

He turned his face sideways as if wanted to hear what she was about to say. He couldn't hide how scared he felt in that moment. His heartbeats were rapid and he realized for the first time how alive he was.

"Manik," She spoke drearily and he had to turn around to look at her face. Suddenly, the dark was a shade darker. He couldn't see her face.

"I go back on my words. I break that promise today," She declared taking a step towards him. He could see her face now. It was devoid of any vulnerability.

****************

___________________________________________

A fair advice before I apologize for putting this story on hold for long six months-

Kindly read previous parts before you gear up to read the next one which I am working on and would hopefully publish very soon.

Now

Time to apologize!

Heartfelt apologies for leaving you all hanging! I know how special 'Deceiving Veils' is for anyone who had shown commitment and zeal to come this far. This isn't everyone's cup of tea. I do understand it and feel even more responsible. All I can say is that I will complete this book. I hope time wouldn't be a matter of concern. I cannot promise frequent updates because I have been too busy with my job. All I can say is that I feel incomplete when I have to stay away from writing. I want all my readers to know that I make sincere efforts to get back to it. I assure you I wouldn't be abandoning my books.

Those who are reading this and still feel something when they think about my books, I owe you all.

Love 💓

Aditi