Chapter-34{A good night}

Turning page. 

It was when you leave the mist behind and bump into sunshine. Nandini had to close her eyes as soon as searing sunlight entered through windshield. It was warming but blinding. Sunlight in upper hills was bathed and fierce. Snow settled on mountains beside and sun melting it ardently, it was a cold she had never felt. It was piercing through bones. She looked at Manik to see any sign of discomfort while driving that giant wheel but he was focused on road as always. 

Nandini trembled as cold flurry entered through some crack of door, her teeth tapped together unable to bear the cold. 

"Aren't you feeling cold?" She asked hugging herself. 

"A little," He answered and then the signature pause followed. 

"Come here," He asked extending his arm. 

Nandini flushed making her already pink cheeks reddened. He hated warmth of words and was always in haste of sealing cold gaps through actions. 

"Why would I come?" She answered slipping into corner showing her utmost disinterest in his advances. 

"Because I can hear your teeth chattering," He replied indicating her to come to him. 

"Your ears are mistaken," She replied stubbornly. 

"I am so fine," She added and looked away. He had all the capability to annoy her at any given moment. 

She could hear him muttering something, it must be some curses. She waited for him to pull her, she waited. She waited more but nothing came. She looked at Manik frustratingly and saw him driving the beast carefully. Narrowing her eyes, she showed her displeasure over his ignorance. She wailed silently and then hugged her knees. 

Was that how he was going to behave? Try to mend things?

She wondered and then frowned. He wasn't even bothered how cold she was. She had to obey what he thinks right, otherwise he couldn't care much. He doesn't care, she widened her eyes and then she could feel her eyes getting moist. Recent turn of events had made her so prone to quick outbursts and she hated feeling vulnerable over small things. This was after long she was feeling a bit lightheaded and there he was sitting ignorant and ruthless making her have all kind of draining emotions all over. She glared him silently. 

He looked at her as if got to hear all her silent rambling and she pouted angrily. He was supposed to make up to her for all he did in morning but nah, he was one moody person who decides to pay heed as per his convenience. 

"Come here," He extended his arm again and he shook her head looking away. 

Didn't she tell she was going to be very difficult?

Hell, she did. 

"Nandini," He uttered giving up and she kept looking out. 

"You have any idea how I am trying to behave this patient," He asked sighing. 

"I can see how tired you are of me already," She nagged still looking away. 

"We are going to talk about it once I am off this wheel," He said after a dreaded pause. Nandini huffed and then closed her eyes to seek some sleep. Beautiful landscapes weren't a help anymore, she needed to pass time when she was around him. She wanted to sleep and wake up when they were somewhere finally. Road was becoming repetitive scene. 

_______________________

Trailer screeched and Nandini opened her eyes to see how their journey was halted. She looked towards Manik who was already getting out of vehicle. She wondered what was wrong. She rolled down the sheet and peeped outside only to get slapped by cold flurries. There was nothing unusual. She looked back and saw Harshad talking to Manik. They talked about something grave and then Manik walked towards her side of trailer. She immediately withdrew her wondering head from window and sat straight.