Chapter-59{ Sweet vengeance}

Nandini followed Manik with a blanch face, she didn't know what was next. There were four men standing outside their dorm, clouds had started to block the sun. That man who tried to molest Nandini last night looked at her distatstfully and Nandini's demeanor stiffened. He seemed to be in trouble with digesting the insult Nandini had thrown at him last night. Manik waited for those damned faces to speak something but it seemed like they all were busy doing some calculations. Manik turned around to see somewhat troubled face of Nandini as he read salacious gaze of that man who had done nothing but stare Nandini from the moment he had come here. 

"What?" Manik's careless tone brought Nandini out of her chain of thoughts. It wasn't intended towards her, he was summoning those hooligans. He was standing there challenging the summon of self-proclaimed kings of that wrecked kingdom. Place was stinking to death. 

Man with broadest built stepped up and walked to Manik. His eyes scanned the audacity of rough man who hadn't have an ounce of fear while calling out for death-mongers. That man chuckled as he finished scrutinizing Manik. Turning around, he laughed looking at his mates who joined the parade just to support their friend. Manik's face remained true to his heart, cold. It was difficult to get anything out of that frigid face unless and until it was about that lady who stood behind him with a worry eating her. Manik could feel her growing nervous with each passing second. 

"Who are you?" That crooked man asked trying to hover Manik. 

"He's with us," Nandini replied unsure of what words would come out of Manik's mouth, she was sure they wouldn't be nice. 

"A man for whom a wench speaks," That man ridiculed and Manik's jaw clenched. 

"I am sure he puts that tongue in use for some better purpose," That remark got returned with a blow on face which for sure had taken out one or two of his teeth. 

Gasps filled the air as people witnessed something forbidden. New man in colony had hit the right hand of their master. Joy building inside was way too overpowering that they couldn't help anticipating another round of it. Those men were heartless morons who only knew language of torture. Each commoner standing there was a victim who prayed for nothing more than a salvation. 

"How dare you..." That man barked while reaching for Manik's neck. Before he could execute the desired, another punch awarded his face with the rightful. That man fumbled in his steps while his fellows found it apt to take out the guns. In a minute, place had turned into a packed battleground. Aryan who had just returned with packets of food froze to his place as he saw the scenario. He couldn't believe that Manik had might to turn every situation so unfavorable. 

"What's happening here?" He asked unsure. Those guns didn't go down but those eyes did flicker to look at Aryan. 

"Go inside, Nandini," Manik said in low cold tone. 

Nandini who was too lost in debility of situation couldn't quite catch what Manik had asked. Aryan took the hint rightaway and put the packets in hand on rock beside. He needed to be away. He knew Manik was about to ruin this for all of them. 

"I said Go inside, Nandini," Manik hollered this time making Nandini flinch in her place. She could feel her throat going dry as she nodded. She wasn't sure where this situation would lead. 

Stepping inside the shabby shack, she looked at Aashi urgently. 

"They have guns," She revealed the part which was eating her sanity bit by bit. Terror in her eyes was only thing Aashi could read. 

It was like Nandini was fighting multiple battles inside. Her feet had heard the command of Manik but her heart was foreboding at her timidity. She shook her head and turned around to go out but then she saw a glimpse of Manik for a second before he bolted the door from outside.