Chapter - 62{Everything and nothing}

Portieres flowed with the wind forgetting how they were fastened with the rims of the tent house. As the white cloth tried to go along the wind, it exposed the milky mountains to Nandini. Her eyes gazed the beauty of them while her mind struck on the same note. It was her fourth day at this new camp and there was still no news of Manik. Her broken leg had tied her to her tent while Aabid Bhai kept assuring how he would find Manik soon. 

"Getting bored?" She came out of her thoughts as Aabid Bhai entered the tent. 

She smiled at him while he took a seat across the table. Her tent house was nothing less than of a well accommodated mansion. In past few days, she had made hundreds of theories in her mind about this place and the most valid one was how these people weren't just another bunch of refugee rebels. 

"I am sorry for not visiting before. I had some important business to deal with," He started a conversation while Nandini tried to figure out which question to ask first. 

"Manik..." Her lips instinctively uttered. 

"We are looking for him," Aabid Bhai answered before Nandini could even complete. 

Her frustration apparently doubled as she took the words in. Nothing kills more than the feeling of being helpless. She was sure how she would have found Manik if she hadn't fractured her knee. Licking her lips, she took a deep breath trying to gulp the vexation down. 

"I don't get it," She said meeting Aabid's eyes finally and he smiled. He knew she was onto it. 

"I am not getting a thing sitting here in this tent. Who are these people? Why you never tried to come back? I need these answers," She asked making her exasperation very apparent.

 Aabid Bhai kept looking at her with affiliation which never left his face whenever he looked at that young lady. 

"All I would like you to understand is that you are safe here and these people won't ever harm you," He said firmly.

"I don't want protection. I want to go out there and solve it. I want to end this war, either by peace or by winning," She stated with her brows tightened with desperation. 

"You will, my child," He said trying to calm her down. 

Her fingers reached her forehead to undo the creases, she knew she had been pushing it. She was taking out her frustration at Aabid. 

"I am sorry," She whispered. 

"These people, they aren't some random refugees like those we met in the north," Aabid Bhai divulged. Nandini looked at him attentively. She had guessed it.

"They are known as Ghost of boneyard," He added pointing towards the door. Getting up, he undid the curtains for her to watch the endless camp. 

"This is not where they live. This is where they had traveled to for a purpose," He added, "They are the most savage army of our state."

"They didn't just born out of this anarchy, they have been protecting their land for more than a century. That invader can take all our land but won't be able to touch theirs because they would burn him to ashes if he tries to" He said looking at the endless view. 

"They don't need to be here. But They are still here. They are here for an oath. They are here to protect for whom they had sworn. They are here to keep the words of their elders, They are here to burn that dictator and his army for someone for whom they would bleed and feast on blood," He added strongly looking at her. 

"And they have chosen you, Nandini. They have sworn their lives to you," He concluded with something so profound in his eyes that each her pore raised and a gush made her shiver.