Chapter-63 {Bare Souled }

People he didn't recognise were running around them to bring them everything which could warm their cold bodies. Fear he knew nothing about was still making him quiver to the deepest corner of his heart. His soul trembled as he looked at her, she was having problem breathing. His hand clutched her cold hand and she opened her eyes. Her lips didn't fail to form a meek smile, Her eyes struggled to keep looking at him, she was scared of losing him. He didn't know what stirred him so bad but he couldn't sit by her anymore and stormed out.

His vision got blurred with wet of his eyes as he walked towards edge of roaring river. He could hear it bellow but couldn't see it storming in darkness. All he knew it was flooding more each second with thunder in the sky, just like his heart.

He could have lost her few minutes back as she didn't think twice stepping into tumult of water. He couldn't word it how he felt when that river was trying to take her away from him. Maybe he knew now how she must have felt every time she pleaded him not to love her too much that he didn't think twice kissing the death. Now when he knew how it felt when fear clawed your insides. He palmed his face in agony. He understood now.

"Manik"

He heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Aabid standing there. Manik wasn't in state to tell him that it was good to see him alive. He just kept staring Aabid in dark. Before he could think further, Aabid engulfed him an embrace. He patted his slouched shoulders and Manik hugged him back.

"She's fine," Aabid assured him while Manik withdrew not liking the fact how his emotions were on public display.

She and only she had right to see him vulnerable. She was the one who had unfurled him bare. And only she had the might to cut him open that deep that he stood bare in front of world today.

"It's good to have you back, brother," Aabid said holding Manik's shoulders tightly.

___________

Manik returned to the newly set camp with Aabid and was taken to a palatial tent house. He could sense her from far. His eyes narrowed as he neared the door. He could see her sitting on a bed and a man sat beside her bed. The white curtains flew nonchalantly along the soothing breeze of after-rain. The man sitting beside Nandini took her leave and she nodded sincerely. Her face had some fine lines of concern. That man who was about Manik's height came out of tent and halted in his steps as he saw Manik. He slowly reached him and looked into his eyes.

Manik's forehead furrowed as that man didn't cease to look at him with a facet of scorn. Not in his entire life, someone had dared to stand next to him in this way.

"Veer"

Aabid Bhai stopped the anxious abstraction by slightly telling Veer to leave. Veer looked at Aabid and nodded his head before he left the place but not before giving Manik another detested look.

Manik turned around to see the disappearing figure of Veer in dark, he didn't like him for sure.

"I would be back," Aabid Bhai said before leaving Manik alone, standing at the door of tent.

Everything could wait.

Manik entered the tent house only to find Nandini playing with hem of her dress. She seemed to be in deep thought. Her broken leg was spread on the bed while another knee was folded. He didn't feel like rushing to her and take her in his arms urgently. It was important to drink the moment. It was crucial to believe how she was all fine.

Her eyes rose and found him standing at the door with a smile on his lips which only she could read.

Her lips parted a bit as she exhaled apparent urgency to be close to him where she could kiss him to the moment where she was sure he wouldn't leave her again.