Chapter-25{Equations and complexities}

"There she was sitting with children and ladies, helping them with some chores. Even when she furrows her brows trying to understand what those ladies are saying, she looks perfect."

Manik who was cleaning his rifle sitting in a corner of garden had every reason to be distracted. Nandini was sitting with ladies, trying to participate in those activities of which she had whatsoever no knowledge. He smiled as she copied one woman while trying to learn how to make chunks of rice paste. The way she turned around when someone called her name and tried to entertain every amused commoner, she was same as he thought she was all these years. He had seen this Nandini every year greeting her people whenever she walked the street with her parents. But she was something else when she was with him. Only he had all the right to know what she is. He held his chin high as that thought warmed his heart. Only he had entitlement over what her heart held. He smiled warmly at enchanting reality. Warmth of sun felt a bit more warming as all his thoughts settled together. 

She bestowed a tight kiss on a kid's cheek and his eyes furrowed. He put the gun down and extracted himself from tree on which he was leaning. As she brushed her lips over kid's cheek to make him giggle more, he could feel qualm spreading over his heart. He shook his head and tried to concentrate on gun again. He couldn't be jealous of a kid. He again stole a glance of her as he couldn't help but follow his mulish heart. 

"No, she couldn't be doing that."

She giggled aloud making that kid smile. Her arms warmly wrapped around that kid, Manik shook his head trying to get out of land of resentment. 

"She is getting accepted slowly, isn't she?" Manik looked up at a smiling voice. Harshit was standing near tree with a smile. His eyes were adoring Nandini. Manik pursed his lips in displeasure. He tried to get up and leave but Harshit insisted him to stay. Harshit sat beside him.

"You hate mankind or what?" Harshit mocked Manik as Manik stayed back with an apparent frown. 

"I hate nose pokers," Manik answered cleaning his rifle vigorously. Harshit chuckled and Manik fumed more. Manik could feel Harshit looking at Nandini's way and smiling. He certainly could kill Harshit if his rifle wasn't empty. 

"She is precious, isn't she?" Harshit asked as he smiled looking at Nandini. 

"I have a bad record, you know that, right?" Manik asked assembling his rifle. 

"Pretty bad," Harshit said pretending to be afraid. 

"I mean nobody hits his own brother like you did," Harshit taunted and Manik started to refill his rifle. 

"Now think, What would I do to others," Manik said in utterly controlled tone.  Only his moves were urgent. 

"I don't want to imagine," Harshit said chuckling. 

"Then excuse yourself from eyeing things which don't belong to you," Manik said as he finished refilling his rifle. 

"Exactly, Manik," Harshit said in stern tone. 

"Eye what your petty eyes can hold," He added. Harshit was clearly trying to tell off Manik.

Manik had to exert all his patience not to grab his throat. He huffed to contain the drive and stood up. 

"Don't dare to talk about me or her. You won't like the consequences," He warned and turned to leave. 

"Admit it, Manik. She doesn't belong to someone like you," Harshit said getting up. 

"I said DO NOT," Manik warned through his teeth. 

"Look at her, she is someone to be treasured and what are you?" Harshit said putting all his courage.