Chapter-22{That sweet tension}

Manik didn't stay after dropping her to the room saying he had to see Aashi. Nandini had all the reasons to be anxious then. Her heartbeats were faster than ever as she walked to the small mirror in room, then her eyes had gone all heavy lids when she wanted to look at her own reflection and when she saw, she couldn't look away. She looked...changed when actually nothing had changed. Maybe except for that coy smile which wasn't leaving her side. 

He was a constant sweet storm in her life, she had known it for a while but she didn't know how he was drenching her. The emotion which her heart felt every time he was around, she didn't ever try to decipher that. And now it was lingering on her lips. What was that? She clutched hem of her sweater as something hit so hard. It was breathtaking to even think about what it was. 

Her fingers reached her lips and as soon as she touched them, her eyes were gazing ground. 

"Was it even right?" She murmured. 

No answer. Not a single answer. Except for that gratifying knot in her stomach which had refused to calm down. 

Smile again lingered on her lips as she acknowledged the eager content of her heart. 

Everything got played in her mind and she still hadn't registered that feeling completely. It all felt like a dream. She was fidgety. Her palms were sweaty and she was constantly making knots of loose woolen thread of her sweater. Her nails had left marks on her palm as she had closed her fist so tight trying to cop up with gratifying anxiety. She didn't regret it. She could read the sweet words her body was writing on her heart. 

She returned to her bed and sighed. Her body was aching so bad but mind was refusing to even think about it. His unapologetic gaze, smile, longing, turbulent eyes, broken, numb; everything seemed to play in reverse and smile from her face disappeared. She drowned in some grave thought as if a thorn had made its way to her rosy joy. She took the glass of water from table and then gulped it in one go. 

________________________

Manik had embraced Aashi for minutes then. She was constantly crying. 

"I am fine, Aashi," Manik assured for nth time and she sobbed more.

"I am sorry. I am really sorry," She uttered in between her sobs. 

"Now would you please stop saying that?" Manik said a bit commanding as it was the only sentence she was mumbling since few minutes. 

"It's not your fault," Manik assured and planted a soft kiss on her temple. 

"It is," She said and added, "I should have stopped Aryan. It's all my fault."

Manik stiffened on hearing Aryan's name and let go of Aashi.

"If one more time you blame yourself, I swear I would leave," Manik threatened. 

Aashi shook her head in fear and then wiped her tears. 

"I am sorry," She again mumbled and Manik sighed. 

"I won't repeat it. That I meant," She clarified and Manik smiled a bit. 

She held his hand and then peeped into his eyes to find any sign of turbulence. He looked same, as if whatever happened few minutes back hadn't even touched him. 

"You alright na?" She asked trying to read his eyes.

"More than alright," He said and smiled broad for her.

Snuggling into his chest, she assured her heart that he wasn't lying or hiding his pain. And suddenly she remembered how she had totally left Nandini alone there in such condition.