Chapter-9{Promise?}

Morning songs; she had heard them all these years but that morning, it was of chirping birds. She opened her eyes to a rinsed world. Everything around looked anew as if some dust had been taken off those enchanting views. On her lap, she felt a knot. Knot of their hands, he was sleep leaning on tree and their hands were still entwined.
He looked different. Not a single line of worry on his angelic face, he was sleeping like a carefree kid. His grip was firm even in his deepest slumber.

Their cloths were still drenched; Hers, at least. Woolen pile of cloths on her body was nothing but troubling. She moved a bit just to wake him up. He opened his eyes. Before she could say something, his hand traveled to her forehead.

Was she sick?
She felt alright.

Before she could open her lips to say something, he said, "you are indeed not that fragile."

Nandini smiled genuinely.

"You love to make remarks on me, don't you?" She asked.

"And you love to ask questions, don't you?" He counter questioned.

She grinned and got her hand out of his grip.

She got up and walked out of thick shed of trees to seek some sunshine.

As soon as rays of sun touched her flesh, a tremble escaped her body. She squeezed her arms near her stomach. Looking up at sky, she closed her eyes and a smile touched her lips.

"Take off your cloths," his voice brought her back.

"Huh," she asked.

"You'll get sick with those wet woolen cloths on," he cleared while walking next to her in sunshine.

She walked back to tree and took off her sweater. She was her overcoat hanging on one of branch. She smiled thinking how he must have put it there.

Getting rid of every woolen piece and her gumboots, she was only left on her frock which was almost dried now.

Bare feet, she walked next to him and he looked at her. This time, there was less of conflict in his eyes and more of something new.
___________________________________

Camping near river, army was about to resume their search mission. They were walking along river as their guess was quite realistic that Manik and Nandini wouldn't wander in thick forest for long.

Back there at camp, Mrs. Murthy had talked to Mr. Murthy over phone. She was sitting quietly since she had that conversation.

He had told her about how Nandini got to know everything. She was dying to see her daughter but started to dread it as well after knowing actual reason of her escape.

"My baby, come back. I promise I would explain everything," she kissed her picture and put it back in diary.

Aryan on other hand had turned more distressed. He didn't care for Manik his entire life. He never liked his elder brother but he dying, this thought had never stood shamelessly in front of him either. He couldn't sleep entire night and now he was back to camp to know about new developments.
__________________________________
Her frizzy long hair and golden skin, she looked like a dream to him. He kept looking at her while she gazed sky and then closed her eyes. Floral frock of hers, reaching her knees and he noticed she was bare feet. He hadn't seen something more pure before. For a moment, it sounded unfair how she had to put her feet in muddy ways. It looked wrong that she had to stand cold in nowhere. It sounded brutal that she was there standing next to him. His forehead had formed fine lines thinking all this when his eyes noticed her smile. It hadn't even ounce of fret in it. She looked calm and happy.
He smiled. He didn't even realize when his lips were caressed with a smile.