Chapter-33{Storming}

Hustle-bustle in the early hours, Nandini could feel her eyes burning as she tried to keep them open. Standing in a corner, watching everyone rushing towards trailers; She didn't have energy to join the vagabonds. It all felt so hollow. She had hardly have any sleep last night, tears didn't let those eyes close. 

"Nandiniiii"

She heard Aashi's voice from distance. She looked around, tried to look beyond crowd but it was too thick. She saw Aashi piercing the crowd and reaching her. 

"Come on," Aashi said holding her hand and dragging her towards somewhere. 

"I have saved good place for us," She told and Nandini wondered. 

"Is there not enough space for everyone?" Nandini asked unaware. 

Aashi looked back at her amusingly and then shook her head smilingly.

"Welcome to jungle of life, Ms Murthy," Aashi stated dramatically and Nandini smiled. 

They both made their way towards a trailer in end of row and looked inside. It was well warmed container with less people. Aashi smiled widely looking at Nandini and Nandini couldn't believe how that girl could come up with such skills all the time. 

"That's our trailer," Aashi chirped and started to climb on. 

"Aashiiiii," She heard Manik calling her name. 

Nandini halted in her place listening his voice. She dare not to look back at him but she could feel him standing just few steps away. 

"That's not your place," Manik told and Aashi frowned. 

"Come on, Manik. I have arranged this for us after such a hard work. Don't make last minutes changes now," Aashi nagged and turned around. 

"This is going to be quite packed and I don't think so it's good place for you," He said in a stern tone. 

"Go to the cabin and sit there. Do not waste place here," He dictated and intended to leave. 

Nandini's heart flinched so bad as he stopped talking. He ignored her presence like she never existed. Was they over? She bit her lip trying to control her scattered emotions. She didn't want to cry. 

Aashi huffed frustratingly but Nandini couldn't care any more. Everything was inaudible in between storm her heart was going through.

"Okay, we are going," Aashi gave in and held Nandini's hand to drag her towards cabin of trailer. 

"Not her, only you," Manik said bitterly. Nandini couldn't believe her ears as he uttered that. She hadn't seen his face when he had said that but she could hear the bitter. His tongue had used each bitter bud to utter that. 

"Was he already done with her?" 

She asked herself and then let go of Aashi's hand. She couldn't take it anymore. She turned around and saw him standing there, cold and tall. His face deprived of any warmth and his heart, she could feel frost in it. Maybe he had gone all stranger on her but she couldn't stop feeling him. He didn't meet her eyes but kept looking towards Aashi. 

"Aashi, I think I have left some of my stuff in my room. I will be back," Nandini lied in a meek voice and walked away as fast as she could. Tears refusing to retreat, heart denying not to ache; She didn't know what to feel anymore. 

_________________

"What was that?" Aashi asked sternly.

Manik didn't answer but kept standing there. 

"Why would you say such a thing?" She asked demanding.

He looked at her, warning and cold. 

"I don't get scared with those stares," Aashi ridiculed him.