Chapter-44{Bridge Of Eyes}

Tree by tree, chain of empty houses, dim lights and a fading castle; they were leaving the nightmare behind. It was like undoing of everything which had built itself around them to suffocate them. She looked back after having a satisfactory look at their escape. Manik was still looking at her ardently. For that moment, she again assured herself how he was there and they were going away from that nightmare. Her father was fast asleep in the dark of that trailer. Manik hadn't uttered a word since they had come out of those wooden boxes. He had held her hand for hours before letting her do whatever she wanted to. She had moved to look out as first thing to assure herself that she was going away from that fort. 

About him, she hadn't figured out a way to break the bridge of eyes. She wanted to touch him; each that bruise on his face, each that worry line on his forehead which seemed to be carved there. She wanted to take a look at his arm which must have bled because his coat was coated in blood. She wanted to ask him so many things; she wanted to tell more than that.  She wanted to do that everything which could heal them both. But then they had grown this bridge of eyes where words weren't going to do the talk. She knew he won't talk, she didn't know if she could calm overwhelm down ever.

Cold wind danced in her hair through that little window and he leaned on metal wall of the trailer. His eyes still intact on her, she could have him like that forever. She got up and walked to him. His eyes followed her each step carefully. Kneeling in front of him, she inhaled a long breath to continue what they had to halt abruptly. Her eyes welled up as she saw his each wound so close and her hand raised to touch each one of them but before she could execute what her heart was dying to do, his hand grabbed her upper arm to have her all. He filled her in arms as she landed on his lap. His lips stilled on her warm neck as he inhaled sharply. She could hear noise inside him. It was of fears and pain. She couldn't see him as he had clutched her so hard in arms that she was barred of every view.
Those stilled lips started to bestow endless tender kisses on her throat and her arm slid behind his nape to live that moment. Her hand soaked a bit in something unknown as her other palm rested on his nape. She tried to part away but he didn't let her.

"No," He protested, unpleased.

A deep kiss on her throat followed and she had to give in. Her hand kept caressing his nape and he kept having whatever he needed to mend the wounded he.

Nandini again exerted a little pressure on his shoulder asking him to let her have a look at him but he again denied her plea by digging his nails in side of her waist mercilessly. His lips kissed her cheek and tears who had threatened her till now broke loose. His dry lips groped her cheek violently and another trail of salt water flowed down her cheek. As soon as, wet of her eyes met his skin, he loosened the merciless grip of his and parted her from him holding her shoulders. She was crying and his heart ached.

"I am sorry," He murmured wiping those tears away and she shook her head.

"I didn't mean..." He continued to say as he blamed himself for being that brutally in love with her. She didn't have to go through this part of him.

She shushed him bestowing a long kiss on his forehead as her palms cupped his face.

"You don't need to," She said as she broke that contact and looked at his face finally. Her thumb trailed over that long cut just above his right brow. Another thumb traced the cut on his lip and he let her do whatever she wanted to.
She leaned and kissed the side of his lip as if trying to sooth his pain. His hands again reached to hold her waist firmly and she smiled.

"Say something," He demanded as she kept looking into his eyes for minutes.

"I missed your words more than anything," He said and she pressed her lips to manage that urge to break down in his arms.